Islamophobia in the Conservative Party

Nobody has generalised,and yes, only idiots will assume that all muslims are terrorists, and hate accordingly, yet
many aspects of this faith are anathema to many non adherents, to deny this fact is also denying reality. Pointing out these aspects
has now become assumed to be hatred of all muslims, it isn't, and attempting to paint it this way is wrong.

But people do generalise, not necessarily on here but amongst the general populace, it is similar to when Irish people were lumped in by moronic people during the troubles are IRA supporters just for being Irish, there are stupid and ignorant people who view any muslim as a problem or terrorist and show prejudice.

Personally as a lapsed catholic I find all religions to be divisive and prefer there to be none, but then we would find other things to hate each other over unfortunately

Last edited:
Care to explain a little further?

I’ll give you 2 examples

1) Islam is an outdated religion with lots wrong with it and it needs reform

2) Muslim mayor wants to bring in Sharia Law in London

One is a legitimate talking point and has been talked about at length on reputable news shows. The other statement creates, promotes and puts fuel on the Islamaphobia fire

Islam has not been talked about nearly enough given the impact it is having on the world but that aside, countless people, well known atheists, ex-muslims, moderate muslims, conservatives, liberals, get labelled "Islamophobes" for doing just that by islamists, cowardly liberals/conservatives, the far left etc.

2) obviously given certain conditions (it being a knowingly false or assumed statement, for example), the statement is an example of anti-muslim prejudice.

Sadly, according to various polling, you have approximately a 1 in 4 chance of the statement being a true one (ignoring the reference to Sadiq), which isn't particularly inspiring. These are odds which will likely become more depressing if challenging certain Islamic beliefs is stifled (support for Sharia is stronger in younger generations) and/or left to the sorts of people who revel in being accused of being bigoted

Last edited:
It was something I heard someone say. A Muslim at that.

Blasphemy laws? In the U.K.? In 2018? I don’t care if Allah himself told your Muslim friend, there is absolutely no chance of them being brought in

So you call people racist for hating certain aspects of Islam, eg FGM clinics in the UK, antisemitism, persecution of gays i could go on and on. That doesn't make somebody racist as Islam is not a race.
Just as people on here call people that go to church 'nutjobs' for believing in God.

FGM, antisemitism and persecution of homosexuals are not tenants of Islam. They may be common problems in majority Muslim countries, but they are overwhelmingly cultural issues rather than religious issues.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.