Israel-Palestine Conflict

I would say so from my experiences with them. Some Zionists are obviously more extreme than others, but the underlying fact is that Zionism is racist and supremacist ideology.
Depends on your definition of Zionism. Unfortunately many people assume that the term Zionism reflects the political views of the religious right wing settler movement who are extremists and absolutists, whereas historically the only definition was someone who believed the Jewish people had the right to a homeland in the area where Jews originated from. Comparing the two definitions is like comparing Islamist with Islamic.

Someone on here said, a while back, that it's not a left right issue. But it does seem to me that you can pretty much guess which side a person is on if you know their basic political slant.
I admire Gabor Mate and knew that despite being a holocaust survivor himself, his humanity would lead him to criticise the actions of the Israeli state.
In the same way I was unsurprised that his fellow Canadian psychologist, Jordan Peterson would be pro Israel.
Not totally sure about that. There are a few posters on here that I would class as being right-wing but they’ve been highly critical of Israel’s response.

Not totally sure about that. There are a few posters on here that I would class as being right-wing but they’ve been highly critical of Israel’s response.
I know. It's not a hard and fast rule.

And there are some Tories with a conscience.

Last edited:
I see America building a new more powerful nuclear bomb..Happy days

Here's a question I'd like an answer to...

Don't worry, i know the answer.

I think it's not because Palestinians are Muslims. It's because they are the underdogs in a very long running saga that people in Europe are much more aware of than internecine warfare in Syria, Saudi aggression in Yemen or indeed Burma. The fact that Jewish history is well known, both biblical and the horrors of Aushwitz.
And one has to say there's far more gory tv coverage of this conflict. Throw in the fact that Britain was involved in the creation of Israel, and it is supported by the most powerful nation on earth. It's a story, whereas the others aren't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.