Israel Supporting Al-Qaeda...

True but in terms of the UN, the boxes that they saw were unmarked and could have had anything in them and they identified the receivers as members of al Nusra because "they had long hair and people in al Nusra have long hair".

The interesting slant here is that many of the blue sky thinkers in American foreign policy circles were suggesting that perhaps the best use of Al-Qaeda right now is supporting them through back channels as they and IS are at odds with each other. Essentially a divide and conquer regime to put Iraq and Syrian Salafist jihadist groups fighting internally rather than externally.

Al Qaeda and ISIS are pretty much sworn enemies despite holding many of the same beliefs and having Al Nusra as a strong presence in Syria fighting against ISIS and Hezbollah would fit into some US foreign policy objectives too. They could be using Israel as a conduit to get support into Al Nusra and have them fight ISIS on the ground as part of the Al Qaeda network rather than using American troops to invade the country.

Seems logical to me.

Damocles said:
tidyman said:
Bit ironic that this all comes on the same thread that the same moderator is reminding a poster to stay within the code of conduct.

Bluemoon code of conduct point 10 said:
Treat other users with respect. Anyone who is constantly aggressive or confrontational will face action

The point of that point in the Code of Conduct is to get people who users who do nothing but roll around the forum and troll it, not to ban everybody who loses their rag.

I've no idea what the point of the COC is mate. Only what it says.

I just thought it a little ironic and worthy of mention that a moderator should take the trouble to remind a poster to stay within the guidelines, when it appears to the untrained eye, that he himself may have contravened it three times in the same short thread.

I'd also suggest that it can appear to the casual observer that disagreeing with certain posters on Israel threads is a greater crime than wishing death on pensioners who's view certain people don't share. Or indeed wishing nuclear destruction on whole areas in the Middle East.

Just my observations.

tidyman said:
I'd also suggest that it can appear to the casual observer that disagreeing with certain posters on Israel threads is a greater crime than wishing death on pensioners who's view certain people don't share. Or indeed wishing nuclear destruction on whole areas in the Middle East.

Just my observations.

You can have your own observations and suggestions. But they're wrong.

We don't punish people for having opinions, we punish people who cannot express their opinions rationally. The very fact that you can criticise a mod without punishment in fact shows you that your view is wrong. By airing it you are contradicting it.

tidyman said:
Damocles said:
tidyman said:
Bit ironic that this all comes on the same thread that the same moderator is reminding a poster to stay within the code of conduct.

The point of that point in the Code of Conduct is to get people who users who do nothing but roll around the forum and troll it, not to ban everybody who loses their rag.

I've no idea what the point of the COC is mate. Only what it says.

I just thought it a little ironic and worthy of mention that a moderator should take the trouble to remind a poster to stay within the guidelines, when it appears to the untrained eye, that he himself may have contravened it three times in the same short thread.

Just my observations.
My observations are that he called me a liar and, as a poster rather than a mod, I wasn't going to let that go. And this is an old chestnut but I can assure you no one's been banned for disagreeing with me or any other other poster about Israel so the casual observer needs to go to Specsavers.

Now, you've had your say so stop derailing what's in danger of turning into an unteresting thread.

Prestwich_Blue said:
tidyman said:

Bluemoon code of conduct point 10 said:
Treat other users with respect. Anyone who is constantly aggressive or confrontational will face action

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Go and take your gob for a shit and take the rest of your right-wing cock wombles with you. Your gangster tory boy shite doesn't hold any fear with me you know-nothing empty headed c**t.
This is the standard of debate employed by the OP. He's a troll who quotes "facts" that are nothing of the sort and when posters show him what the actual facts are, he resorts to stuff like this. Amazingly he escaped a long ban for that but if people choose to sink to that level, then they can't complain when they get a lack of respect back. Now, back on topic.
I was quite proud of that quote, thank you.

It was fully deserving at the time and aimed at a poster who was attacking myself whilst sucking up to a moderater. A "self defence" let's call it. But hey, what's context got to do with it right?

By the way, are you still awaiting an apology PB?

Hope you're not hanging on by your no doubt lovely, manicured finger nails.

Prestwich_Blue said:
tidyman said:

Go and take your gob for a shit and take the rest of your right-wing cock wombles with you. Your gangster tory boy shite doesn't hold any fear with me you know-nothing empty headed c**t.
This is the standard of debate employed by the OP. He's a troll who quotes "facts" that are nothing of the sort and when posters show him what the actual facts are, he resorts to stuff like this. Amazingly he escaped a long ban for that but if people choose to sink to that level, then they can't complain when they get a lack of respect back. Now, back on topic.
I was quite proud of that quote, thank you.

It was fully deserving at the time and aimed at a poster who was attacking myself whilst sucking up to a moderater. A "self defence" let's call it. But hey, what's context got to do with it right?

By the way, are you still awaiting an apology PB?

Hope you're not hanging on by your no doubt lovely, manicured finger nails.
Sucking up to a moderator? Are you 12? You really look at someone'sod status in your dealings with them? Grow up. The moderator I "sucked up to" has banned me more than most.

If you go back to that thread, I wasn't attacking you, Damocles had just bent you over and destroyed you and I merely pointed it out and you lost your shit as that's about your level.

Damocles said:
tidyman said:

Just my observations.

You can have your own observations and suggestions. But they're wrong.

We don't punish people for having opinions, we punish people who cannot express their opinions rationally. The very fact that you can criticise a mod without punishment in fact shows you that your view is wrong. By airing it you are contradicting it.

I'm can't be wrong about my observations whether you agree with them or not.

I also haven't contradicting myself as I haven't said every word of criticism results in a ban. It's just more likely. I have been banned and had posts deleted when engaging with moderators, that wouldn't even have even come on the radar with any other poster.

I've been warned not to derail the thread anyway so I will leave my thoughts on the subject there for now.

I found the articles interesting and - without knowing the detailed facts - reinforces what a mess Syria and the Lebanon are in.

Whilst Cameron and others were glorying in the Arab Spring, I feel it was somewhat inevitable that the major powers in the Region - including Iran, Israel and now ISIS - would try to exploit this.

As fellow Bluemooners have said, these powers will look to promote their own interests and Israel offering medical care to injured Syrian Rebels is hardly earth shattering.

That said, maybe the scores of people leaving these shores to be martyrs in Syria migh possibly think twice if the organisations trying to recruit them are shown to be allied to Israel. Maybe this is just wishful thinking!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.