It’s the little things that make me proud..

I ended up at a chicken and rib shack on the top of a set of cliffs in Antiga, overlooking the ocean recently. One of those places where people nail plaques and licence plates and stuff all over the ceiling and walls. One of the first things that caught my eye was a metal plaque with the old crest on it. Somebody had changed the C to a U with a marker so I asked for a wet rag and rubbed the U off while explaining to everyone that was watching me what a load of classless ****s the rags were and that they weren't actually from Manchester.

I take it from your post that u do not know Noel or Liam personally?
Well I do !
And I can tell you that in their mid to late teens they was practically ever present at all City games around the 1985-1990 period ,when let’s face it ? We was not the super power we are now!

Then in a twist of fate they became the biggest band in the world which made their commitment to City a little more tricky ?

So what if u have seen him with a Celtic scarf on !
He is from an Irish catholic family !

As for his music being shit , we all have different tastes, but never the less , I don’t quite think your opinion keeps him awake at night?

Why cannot we be just proud of blues like us who HAVE done the hard yards ,just making good and celebrate that ?or would you wish mick hucknall was a blue instead?

Who is this Mick Hucknall you talk about ? Is he fed from satans cock and have three 6's behind his ear. Just making sure like.

I ended up at a chicken and rib shack on the top of a set of cliffs in Antiga, overlooking the ocean recently. One of those places where people nail plaques and licence plates and stuff all over the ceiling and walls. One of the first things that caught my eye was a metal plaque with the old crest on it. Somebody had changed the C to a U with a marker so I asked for a wet rag and rubbed the U off while explaining to everyone that was watching me what a load of classless ****s the rags were and that they weren't actually from Manchester.
S

So not a " I love Failsworth patch " but I understand why you did what you had to do.

It is indeed the little differences I love most.

1_CO_MEN_030119BALL.jpg

Take it you're coming home ? You 'll be at the pole pissed up, in Mri 3 hours later

I once had a long distance bet with my Dads mate that City wouldn't relegated. I had promised to bare my arse at the pole on a saturday night if I lost.+
I decided that flying over just to get stabbed and glassed wasn't worth it.

Not little things, the chady branch the coach from the waldorf, the stockport lot, the salford supporters etc, they were the lifeblood when we were shite, not 2 lads from burnage, that are used as a barometer of city fans from the cool britania age, becaus all those above I mentioned?were probably bouncing round maine rd v charlton when no **** cared,

We are not a fashion statement to sell records and promote celebrity

Timothy dalton
Jon henshaw
Billy duffy

All examples of life long blues that don't use it to enhance their status and also went when we were shite
The Chaddy branch was indeed legendary
More so than bloody oasis ....Remember seeing them at Maine rd just after beating Villa away whilst fighting relegation..we all cheered loudly when Liam walked on stage and shouted defiantly "We won't go down!!"

We did.

Not little things, the chady branch, the coach from the waldorf, the stockport lot, the salford supporters etc, they were the lifeblood when we were shite, not 2 lads from burnage, that are used as a barometer of city fans from the cool britania age, becaus all those above I mentioned?were probably bouncing round maine rd v charlton when no **** cared,

We are not a fashion statement to sell records and promote celebrity

Timothy dalton
Jon henshaw
Billy duffy

All examples of life long blues that don't use it to enhance their status and also went when we were shite

I recall seeing pics of Billy Duffy wearing the maroon 'Brother' shirt onstage with The Cult in the US, long before the Gallaghers did. And to this day he has City's badge on his guitar plecs. He was a Phoenix rock club regular, and often went there after City night matches, as did many of us.
We were certainly shite then. :D

(As we were when the Gallaghers were first pictured in NME wearing our shirts .... it was during the Evil Empire's strongest time, and our worst, and as such was great to see likkul Ciddy getting exposure in that way.)

On topic, I was on a rock cruise out of Florida some years ago, above the Lido Deck stage, there were flags from all over the US, and further afield too tied to the railings. Made me proud to see our blue union jack flying amongst them all right above the marquee covering the stage ....

Zflag_zpsb915c1cb.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.