It is oh so quiet in here thread for 2014 summer transfers

Rammyblues

With less than a week away to opening the doors to a new summer transfer window I thought I would start this thread. Mods this place is a fucking mess needs a good tidy up before the real rumours start (only joking) Plus for those who cannot stand the tension in the matchday threads you are all welcome here to chill out and speculate on how quiet things are. :-)

I like it ...

I'm going to go big and say that we will sign one "marquee" player this summer. If i was a betting man then i'd say the player will come from Barca. :)

corky1970 said:
It's quiet and I guess it's not gonna stay quiet this summer

So tonal my fellow blues of a huge thread of potential id like on the first page to say you are all cunts is the best possible way

Now carry on and make merry
I'll concur with your sentiments

Time sure flies doesn't it? Already a new t-window to plough through.

I guess before screaming for signings I'd have to analyse the current squad likely outgoings and so on.
But what seems to clear to me, is that we will have a pretty thin squad next season as we'll loose at least three home grown's this summer, unless we of course replace them with new hg's.

Out strike force is very good as it is.
A new (hg preferably) second keeper if Costel really wants to leave.
Sagna seems to be on, and I think he counts as hg, am I right? He'd replace the always injured Micah.
We could use another (or two) midfielder, who'd replace Barry. Barkley, all though not a defensive mf would be a great signing.
A new centre back to replace Lescott, or is that Nastasic maybe who'll operate as our second choice left-centre back? if so we could use another right-sided centre back to fill in for Kompany.
If either Kolarov or Clichy will leave I hope we go for Shaw.

But other than that I can't see us being desperate for further additions.
Besides Messi of course, but that's a given. :)

Sagna isn't homegrown but Fabregas I am pretty sure is. Pogba would be if we signed him because not only is he under 21 but spent almost 3 years in rags academy so could be signed and be on the B list which is exempt from any sanctions UEFA may take against us on the A list (that is if we accept such sanctions).

BillyShears said:
I like it ...

I'm going to go big and say that we will sign one "marquee" player this summer. If i was a betting man then i'd say the player will come from Barca. :)

Dos Santos to City, nailed on!

Damocles said:
BillyShears said:
I like it ...

Dos Santos to City, nailed on!

Haha! Which one ?

I still think we need a left-sided Navas for when we rest Kolarov because when Clichy starts we lack someone who can get in behind the defence and swing a ball across. But CB, RB and CM are priorities for improvement this summer, and with Mangala, Sagna and Fernando already penned down it looks as if we're taking care of business already.

I've heard rumblings of Fabregas this week and I'd be ecstatic if we signed him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.