It must be April Fool's Day

Don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with what he said ot his opinions, it’s a bit like me saying I want to shag Mari Sharapova, pretty sure it'll remain a one way dream.

The MEN at its' absolute best (or worst) with some whoppers in that article.

"The Premier League great has been out of work for the past two years". Great? GREAT?!?! Yep, I'm sure in twenty years when we're all eulogising about the best managers of years gone by in the Premier League, Big Sam will get a mention. Great in his own mind, maybe.

"Despite all that Allardyce has achieved in the game"..........such as?

Who wrote that article? Allardyce himself?
He kept Bolton high in the Premier league for longer than they ought to have been and brought in some good players ( Okocha is one I remember).
Saved a couple of clubs from relegation too.
That said, I am certain that he wouldn't get a sniff at City!

In fairness I think he has been in the frame for the job a bunch of times(wasn't the Hughes pick between the two of them and he interviewed during the Ball-Clark season(we went through so many managers that year I don't recall which time!!!!), clearly not recently or since the take over, in many respects he is the reverse of Alan Ball look at his career and he has made almost all the teams he has managed perform better than they had and/or after he left. What would he have done with real money and being able to compete with the top 4, we, likely will never know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.