Italia 90

AJ71

Found this, amateur journalist / football fans perspective on Italia 90 on a Sunderland forum.

Part way through, but worth a watch so far if you have a couple of hours to spare.

Anybody on here go and experience some of the same?

My fav football away tour , sill got my England invasion of Italy 90 badge

Good thread. A brilliant tournament and an era when I thought we might actually win it. The opening music was memorable as well, not as good as Argentina 78 but not far off.

One thing you do notice is how many Union flags there are (as opposed to the St George cross you see nowadays), think this started to switch around Euro 96 from memory.

Thanks for that AJ71,that passed a couple of hours.
Think i might have seen it a while ago on tv,but my memory is fooked.
Top film,.....just shows how corrupt things were then,as now.

Nice one AJ71,went over with a few fellow Blues we got the train all the way to Cittavechia via Rome and then the ferry to Sardinia(makes me laugh when all these years later they do direct flights!) what an adventure(too many stories),when we hit the mainland for the Platt Belgium game in Bologna we all decamped to Rimini and we were in The Rose and Crown on that infamous evening. There's two sides to every story and the night of the "riot " in Rimini coinsided with Italians hitting the streets straight after having won their game and as you can all imagine a very volatile situation that easily lit the fuse should we say.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.