Italian referendum

I agree that it isn't simple economics - my point is that it's currently very difficult for people to have kids, because it's expensive and the career interruption can financially harm too, and that efforts should be made to lessen those concerns. I doubt I have the life experience to suggest the best idea, but the past family unit of one parent working and one looking after children seems far better and simpler than both working and struggling to pay for childcare. I completely get the point on dependency culture too (believe I sit further right on the political spectrum than you), but I believe a system that alleviates that could be introduced. For example, I agree with the recent policy of limiting child benefit to the first two children; we just need more people to have up to two children than current (prospective) parents having more than two kids.

The election idea was off the top of my head, but I certainly think government needs to think beyond their 5 year terms. Obviously, they need incentives to do that though as there's no benefit to them laying the groundwork for another party to either stop development or claim all of the credit. Maybe the American founding fathers were correct and political parties should be abolished!
Most people's politics isn't as simple as left and right, pal - or at least it shouldn't be!

On the parliament point, I've posted previously that I think that MPs should be precluded from being affiliated to any political party. The political system in this country is utterly broken and greatly hampers our effectiveness as a nation imo.

You need to read what's posted mate instead of reverting to your default political stance.
The 'Italian risk' to the EU has not gone away.
My point was that it was not an IMMEDIATE crisis as spun by some of the Media.
Likewise the Brexit risk to Britain has not gone away.
But it is not an immediate crisis as spun by some of the Media.
Capiche?
I've read the posts, mate, with interest and amusement, as usual, although there was no mention
of 'LWNJ''s from any detractors on your points, so default political stances don't originate here.
Whether the Italian risk is imminent or not is subjective, certain commentators say yes, others no, so I agree.
Same with brexit.
My point was about the way it is presented according to the affiliation of the commentator, that's all.
Comprende?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.