Italy v Spain | Euro 2020 Semi Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MCFC1993

Italy v Spain

Tuesday 6th July 2021

Kicks off at 20:00 (BST) at Wembley Stadium in London, England. Capacity at 67%, approximately 60,000.

Coverage begins at 19:00 (BST) on BBC 1, *channel is dependent on whether England make the Semi Final, if they don't then this will probably be an ITV as they will get first choice.

Referee: To be confirmed.

Not much to be said now, we've watched both sides throughout so we know what kind of form they're in. Italy look like favourites, fairly solid defensively and know where the net is, they did a professional and very theatrical job on Belgium. Whether that works as easily on Spain I don't know, they have 1 or 2 players that are just as wily. Spain don't look anywhere near as good as what we're use to but here they are in the last 4, with a decent shot of making the final. They've been pushed close twice off of Croatia and Switzerland, going to extra time twice, so they might be tired but I wouldn't judge the results to harshly as they're still here after all. That said, the defence has to improve or they're toast. Italy will miss Spinazzola, that injury looked like it ruled him out of the tournament and he's been arguably their best player, not sure he's their most important player though. Add to that Italy's last game at Wembley was probably their worst.

Italy's route to the semi final:
Beat Turkey 3-0 in Rome.
Beat Switzerland 3-0 in Rome.
Beat Wales 1-0 in Rome.
Beat Austria 2-1 after extra time in London.
Beat Belgium 2-1 in Munich.

Spain's route to the semi final:
Drew 0-0 to Sweden in Seville.
Drew 1-1 to Poland in Seville.
Beat Slovakia 5-0 in Seville.
Beat Croatia 5-3 after extra time in Copenhagen.
Beat Switzerland on penalties (3-1) after a 1-1 draw in St Petersburg.

Euro 2020 goalscorers so far:
Own Goals (Spain) - 3
Ciro Immobile (Italy) - 2
Lorenzo Insigne (Italy) - 2
Manuel Locatelli (Italy) - 2
Matteo Pessina (Italy) - 2
Alvaro Morata (Spain) - 2
Pablo Sarabia (Spain) - 2
Ferran Torres (Spain) - 2
Nicolo Barella (Italy) - 1
Federico Chiesa (Italy) - 1
Own Goals (Italy) - 1
Cesar Azpilacueta (Spain) - 1
Aymeric Laporte (Spain) - 1
Mikel Oyarzabal (Spain) - 1

Last edited:
Italy have probably looked the most balanced team in the tournament. Their defence and keeper have looked pretty solid and they are also dangerous going forward. I hate all of their shithousery & cheating though. I hope Spain get a goal and then cheat and roll about for the rest of the game to see the match out, to give the Italians a taste of their own medicine.

It's not the most illustrious final 4 by name but to be honest I think the 3 sides to have overall been strongest this tournament are all there (Italy, Denmark, England).

France should be there ahead of Spain but thankfully Pogba.

It's not the most illustrious final 4 by name but to be honest I think the 3 sides to have overall been strongest this tournament are all there (Italy, Denmark, England).

France should be there ahead of Spain but thankfully Pogba.
I don't think France have been good this tournament tbh.

Beat Germany 1-0 only by getting an own goal.

Drew Hungary. Drew Portugal. Lost to Switzerland on penalties.

Not that Spain is much better, but based on this tournament, Spain have been better.

I don't think France have been good this tournament tbh.

Beat Germany 1-0 only by getting an own goal.

Drew Hungary. Drew Portugal. Lost to Switzerland on penalties.

Not that Spain is much better, but based on this tournament, Spain have been better.
Well either way, I do believe Italy, Denmark, and England have been very much deserving of their final 4 places.

Well either way, I do believe Italy, Denmark, and England have been very much deserving of their final 4 places.
I agree. Denmark have surprised me, the switch to a back 3 has made them come alive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.