Items you've lost never to be replaced

JOGAMIGMOG

Team supported
Manchester City, England and Levante Union Deportiva
Ever had that gut-wrenching feeling in the pit of your stomach when an item you hold dearly has been misplaced?You search everywhere to no avail. You're sick to the back teeth of answering questions about where you were when you last had it. You've retraced all that and more. You lose sleep over it. Your waking hours are punctuated by thoughts of where the thing is. You've searched everywhere four times or more at home.
I haven't.

I've lost a lot of time reading some of the garbage on this site. That time can never be replaced it's gone forever.

When my Mum died a couple of years ago, my step father, unbeknown to us, ditched a load of books etc to charity.

Including my Bombay born Dad's, who died years ago, curry recipes. And my Grandma's cook books.

After my step father died, broken heart, 9 months after my Mum passing, we went through everything to no avail.

My one regret that I didn't ask when Mum was close to passing.

My dad had a wings and dagger badge from the war which I lost, God knows how. I scoured every war memorabilia site or militaria shop for ages in the hope of finding a replacement but, although you could get modern replicas, I never found the genuine article.

I dreaded being asked to produce it but, in the end, he got Alzheimer's so I never had to explain.

Ever had that gut-wrenching feeling in the pit of your stomach when an item you hold dearly has been misplaced?You search everywhere to no avail. You're sick to the back teeth of answering questions about where you were when you last had it. You've retraced all that and more. You lose sleep over it. Your waking hours are punctuated by thoughts of where the thing is. You've searched everywhere four times or more at home.
I haven't.

When did you have it last? A question that still continues to amuse me. If I knew when I had it last, I'd still have it 'cos I'd know where it was!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.