It's a real possibility that Sven maybe in charge by March

I daresay if we decide to sack Hughes in February because we are in the relegation zone it will be too late.

Disturbance said:
Blue Mooner said:
Just looked into the comparable fixtures from last season and if you take out the Hull and Stoke games as it is difficult to do a fair comparison. (Particularly when you consider Derby !!!) On the 15 comparable fixtures Hughes has amassed 14 points to Svens 20 points. So very very crudely people are effectively advocating Sven over Hughes on the basis of 2 wins.

If you consider that we are the second top scorers in the division (ahead of the rags) and our goal difference is the sixth best in the division that tells me that we are a better team than our results and league position currently would tell us.

Keep the faith.

6 points is still a significant difference and even at the end of the season can mean a finish 4 or 5 places higher. Even without that though I just don't think the signs are good. I was prepared to give Hughes time and thought he deserved at least a full season when he was brought in. In recent weeks however we've gone backwards and Hughes seems to get increasingly worse.

His treatment of Elano for example, he needs to learn how to manage the players we've got to get the best out of them, he can't just rely on signing a whole new team. Starting Robinho last night, there was absolutely no need to and that has meant he will be missing on Sunday. The final straw for me is that Bellamy went on record to say that Hughes tried to sign him in the summer. Basically I don't trust Hughes to spend the money on 'top class' players that we need for where we want to be. He seems to have pissed off enough of the current playing staff because he can't manage them and this is contributing to our poor form. So if he needs to sign a whole new team then he has a hell of a job to assemble one that want to play for him and will finish higher than 9th come May. Because if we finish outside the top 6 let alone lower than 9th then the season will be considered an utter failure given the squad he started with. Robinho would then almost certainly leave and we'd take a huge step back. I'd rather not take that risk with a manager whose never won anything as we will lose a lot of momentum.

He no doubt wanted to sign Bellamy because he knows him from his Wales days and I think Bellamy would jump at the chance to join us.

Do you honestly believe that two wins is the difference between a poor manager and a great manager ? I think the signs are good we have been scoring goals and played some truly great football this season. The games we have lost in many cases have been predicated on poor refereeing decisions - the sendings off against Liverpool and Spurs games we may well have gone on to win, the penalties at Boro and Wigan, the free kick against Hull and the last minute corner against Everton. You can't really blame the manager for these things.

I am sick to death of us the fans creating crises. We seem to revel in it.

We are the richest club in the world and we should all be excited about the possibilities that presents for us as a club not the negatives of a few bad results.

We need to give Hughes a chance and let him sign his own players. I think good interim signings in January that would be realistic would be Bullard, Owen and Bellamy for starters. They wouldn't cost a lot and would buy us time to get the truly BIG name players in the close season.

Just because we have the money doesn't change the squad that Hughes has inherited. Sven would be a backward step and is not the long term solution for this club imo.

Blue army !

why do people put are state down to the manager weve had problems for a year . Not hughes fault he added swp, kompany ,zab . Svens buys were shit bar 2 , Some of our players are our problem sven aint the answer

Some people are mentioning mark hughes man mangement to do with elano . The player gets paid to do what boss wants how hard is that , if they cant they can fuck off for me .Some players are effecting the dressing room which effects the team which effects me and im sick of these twats . Elano doesnt care about city i do though and im actually excited about our future and ive seen some of the best football this year at city . Thats down to hughes

Blue Mooner said:
The games we have lost in many cases have been predicated on poor refereeing decisions - the sendings off against Liverpool and Spurs games we may well have gone on to win, the penalties at Boro and Wigan, the free kick against Hull and the last minute corner against Everton. You can't really blame the manager for these things.

FFS are you Hughes in disguise?

The Fat el Hombre said:
All this Sven talk is embarrassing and small time, people have very short memories

The football we played in the second half of last season was dire, I'm not saying it's great now, but to make out as though Hughes is a disgrace and Sven is the messiah is way off the mark.

Bring us Mourinho!

Even when Chelsea were winning stuff they were boring to watch. We'd settle for some of that obviously, but why settle. Make Wenger an offer he can't refuse and lets win things in style.

Blue Mooner said:
Disturbance said:
6 points is still a significant difference and even at the end of the season can mean a finish 4 or 5 places higher. Even without that though I just don't think the signs are good. I was prepared to give Hughes time and thought he deserved at least a full season when he was brought in. In recent weeks however we've gone backwards and Hughes seems to get increasingly worse.

His treatment of Elano for example, he needs to learn how to manage the players we've got to get the best out of them, he can't just rely on signing a whole new team. Starting Robinho last night, there was absolutely no need to and that has meant he will be missing on Sunday. The final straw for me is that Bellamy went on record to say that Hughes tried to sign him in the summer. Basically I don't trust Hughes to spend the money on 'top class' players that we need for where we want to be. He seems to have pissed off enough of the current playing staff because he can't manage them and this is contributing to our poor form. So if he needs to sign a whole new team then he has a hell of a job to assemble one that want to play for him and will finish higher than 9th come May. Because if we finish outside the top 6 let alone lower than 9th then the season will be considered an utter failure given the squad he started with. Robinho would then almost certainly leave and we'd take a huge step back. I'd rather not take that risk with a manager whose never won anything as we will lose a lot of momentum.

He no doubt wanted to sign Bellamy because he knows him from his Wales days and I think Bellamy would jump at the chance to join us.

Do you honestly believe that two wins is the difference between a poor manager and a great manager ? I think the signs are good we have been scoring goals and played some truly great football this season. The games we have lost in many cases have been predicated on poor refereeing decisions - the sendings off against Liverpool and Spurs games we may well have gone on to win, the penalties at Boro and Wigan, the free kick against Hull and the last minute corner against Everton. You can't really blame the manager for these things.

I am sick to death of us the fans creating crises. We seem to revel in it.

We are the richest club in the world and we should all be excited about the possibilities that presents for us as a club not the negatives of a few bad results.

We need to give Hughes a chance and let him sign his own players. I think good interim signings in January that would be realistic would be Bullard, Owen and Bellamy for starters. They wouldn't cost a lot and would buy us time to get the truly BIG name players in the close season.

Just because we have the money doesn't change the squad that Hughes has inherited. Sven would be a backward step and is not the long term solution for this club imo.

Blue army !

Can we just clarify whether you are quoting bullshit statistics or not and whether you are spinning them to back up your poor argument?

Is it not right that you have removed two wins that Sven had against Derby and Reading whilst also removing a draw against Hull and a win against Stoke for Hughes. So, actually, that's a gap of 8 points rather than 6.

The argument regarding Derby is flimsy as I am sure you would have had no problem with including the points we dropped away against them in any analysis of the second half of the season (and rightly so). No, you are spinning it to talk up a flawed argument.

So, that's 8 extra points that Sven gained in the same fixtures. A whole 45% increase in the points gained.

But, anyway if you take your flawed, spun argument about Hughes gaining 14 points from the equivalent fixtures and Sven 6 more then guess what, that's still a whopping 40% extra points than Hughes gained. You talk as if two wins is nothing. For the likes of United and Chelsea it might be. For a clown like Hughes who cannot motivate this squad to gain anything like an acceptable number of wins, two wins is almost half of the total amount he has achieved. Not something to be dismissed lightly. A lot of relegated teams would stay up with two extra wins and this fella somehow has us in a relegation fight so I don't think he would agree with you about two wins not being important.

Sven isn't coming back, imo, so its pointless arguing for him.

It is however, fucking funny to see the depths that some people will stoop to and the spin and flawed comparisons they will attempt to make to back up any sort of defence of Hughes.

How do your stats compare the facts that Hughes has the same squad plus £70m extra of talent but is still doing significantly shitter?

A bit dangerous to compare very brief periods of management in different circumstances

For Sven, the Thai takeover and the monies that came with it was a breath of fresh air after years of stagnation, and the club blossomed - briefly, before crashing and burning.

Under Hughes, the sheer wealth and expectation has had a short term negative effect in that fans expect him to turn a near relegation outfit into top 6 contenders in no time whatsoever, and the existing players all fear that they will be out of the door. I can't imagine what that does for team spirit.

Doesn't matter what Joe Hart does. We'll get linked to Buffon. Doesn't matter what Dunne does, someone will want us to sign John Terry. Maybe those aren't good examples, but the point I'm trying to make is that the players have to believe that they are part and parcel of the future of Manchester City, for team spirit to prosper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.