It's all Mike Summerbee's fault!!

Bluemoon115 said:
baldybouncer said:
He had his opportunity at Blackburn to prove himself capable of bringing home the silverware. Came nowhere near it.

3 Semi-finals is a lot closer than we ever went.

And he had a lot less money to spend than the teams he got knocked out by.

So you'd be happy if he stayed and took us to 3 semi finals?

baldybouncer said:
I was prepared to stick with Hughes and agreed with the club notion that stability and success will blossom from allowing the manager to work through and solve our problems rather than resort to knee jerk "replace the manager" reactions.

That's before I started reading Buzzers autobiography. It brought back all my memories of those heady days in the 60's and 70's when City were a club to be reckoned with. Hughes and his coaching team can't hold a candle to Joe and Big Mal. They kick started a rapid turn around in the clubs fortunes and melded the team into a footballing "family". Footballing tactics and training methods were turned upside once Big Mal got his teeth into the squad and Joe calmly and quietly managed the club in his own inimitable style. Hughes doesn't have and never will have that talent.

"What a load of nostalgic rubbish" I hear some of you scream. Nostalgic, yes. Rubbish, no. Change the manager.
its not nostalgic rubbish,just a hankering for yesterdays glories,im sure all blues{me included} indulge themselves constantly with that fantastic era but that was then and this is now.As for your assumption that MH doesnt have the talent of Joe Mercer,there are very few people EVER in the game that can compare with that great man

kingmikedoyle said:
baldybouncer said:
I was prepared to stick with Hughes and agreed with the club notion that stability and success will blossom from allowing the manager to work through and solve our problems rather than resort to knee jerk "replace the manager" reactions.

That's before I started reading Buzzers autobiography. It brought back all my memories of those heady days in the 60's and 70's when City were a club to be reckoned with. Hughes and his coaching team can't hold a candle to Joe and Big Mal. They kick started a rapid turn around in the clubs fortunes and melded the team into a footballing "family". Footballing tactics and training methods were turned upside once Big Mal got his teeth into the squad and Joe calmly and quietly managed the club in his own inimitable style. Hughes doesn't have and never will have that talent.

"What a load of nostalgic rubbish" I hear some of you scream. Nostalgic, yes. Rubbish, no. Change the manager.
its not nostalgic rubbish,just a hankering for yesterdays glories,im sure all blues{me included} indulge themselves constantly with that fantastic era but that was then and this is now.As for your assumption that MH doesnt have the talent of Joe Mercer,there are very few people EVER in the game that can compare with that great man

Sorry my friend, but I'm not assuming that MH doesn't have the talent of Joe, I know damn well he doesn't!! I'm also not hankering after yesterdays glories, I'm hankering for glory in the not to distant future.

kingmikedoyle said:
baldybouncer said:

Sorry my friend, but I'm not assuming that MH doesn't have the talent of Joe, I know damn well he doesn't!! I'm also not hankering after yesterdays glories, I'm hankering for glory in the not to distant future.

baldybouncer said:
kingmikedoyle said:

then keep the faith brother!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.