Its in Real Madrids interest

Difficult to know what's going on but we seem (and this is only an observation) stragely timid in the transfer market this year - linked with a few people but no definitive actions. Over the last few years we would have moved in and secured our targets by now - but we seem to be holding back and evaluating our options. I for one am just getting nervous we could end up with limited options if we hold back too long (I'm actually sure this won't be the case but you can't help worrying!). I guess the Tevez debacle has undermind us - is he or is he not going? We are obviously trying to make a statement that we won't over pay and I guess we should remember we are looking to buy at the top table. If Tevez and his wages do go - that probably throws open quite a few options. Just hope things start to move on this week and next because were really need a strong start in August.

richards30 said:
Andouble said:
he'll probably have to take a paycut for Real to pick him up permanently.

If he goes there, it's one less suitor for Tevez. We would basically need Sneijder to go to the Rags so Inter can afford Carlos if Ade goes to Real.
if nasri isnt looking likely can we not swap carlos for sneijder?

it seems that Sneijder is well on the way to the Rags if media is to be believed, just thrashing out personal terms as transfer fee doesn't seem to be a problem.

Sneijder is a world class player, yet I don't really have much fear if he signs for them. I don't think he'll improve them a lot.

richards30 said:
Cityisland said:
Skysports.com understands Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor is closing in on a return to Real Madrid on a permanent basis.

Adebayor, who ended last season on loan at Real, has been deemed surplus to requirements at City and was not included in the squad for their pre-season tour of America.

The former Arsenal man was unhappy at being overlooked for the tour and being forced to train with the club's reserves, but it appears he is edging ever closer to a move away from City.

A number of clubs have been linked with Adebayor, but the 27-year-old rejected all overtures as he was holding out for a switch to Real.

Earlier this summer it was suggested Real would not look to make Adebayor's move permanent, but it seems they have rekindled their interest in the giant forward.

Real have now made their move for the Togo international with Jose Mourinho recently revealing he was looking to add a striker to his squad.

Adebayor scored five goals in in 21 appearances in all competitions for Real last season and his proposed switch to El Santiago Bernabeu could end Real's interest in Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7034945,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 45,00.html</a>
good!!! see ya ade!! wonder what sort of fee it will be?? £10-12m?
Notice the absence of quotes. That is a story stringing together the already noted occurences of the past weeks and Months
1) Ade closing on real signing (note:It is an opinion)
2) Stats fact: Deemed surplus at City. Not on Tour trip (old story)
3) Unhappy with City (Sun story)
4) Number of clubs linked (Tribalsport story quoting Ade "I will wait for Madrid")
5) Rehashed story from Real's showing no interest in Ade

6) Here is where it get interesting "real has now made their move for Ade" ( an ambiguous claim supported by) "with Mourihno revealing his interest in adding a striker" (No Mention of Ade as that striker--- Sky made the connection, not Real)

7) "His proposed switch" (one that they made up by stringing together assumptions)"may end interest in Aguero and Tevez" (Interests they have made up)

If you as k me, this is a fake story. It has all the signs.

Andouble said:
richards30 said:
Andouble said:
he'll probably have to take a paycut for Real to pick him up permanently.

If he goes there, it's one less suitor for Tevez. We would basically need Sneijder to go to the Rags so Inter can afford Carlos if Ade goes to Real.
if nasri isnt looking likely can we not swap carlos for sneijder?

it seems that Sneijder is well on the way to the Rags if media is to be believed, just thrashing out personal terms as transfer fee doesn't seem to be a problem.

Sneijder is a world class player, yet I don't really have much fear if he signs for them. I don't think he'll improve them a lot.

Really not sure how they will accommodate Sneijder and Rooney in the same team - unless Rooney moves out to one of the flanks - which he won't be happy with - or they play Rooney up front on his own.

nmc said:
Really not sure how they will accommodate Sneijder and Rooney in the same team - unless Rooney moves out to one of the flanks - which he won't be happy with - or they play Rooney up front on his own.

Yeah, it's an odd one. Rooney ended the season really well in the hole, dropping very deep and spraying passes about.

That said, the season before he hit thirty-odd goals as a lone striker, so maybe they're returning to that set-up.

Still, they'd be much better off getting a decent CM/DM or two.

ST Coleridge said:
nmc said:

Yeah, it's an odd one. Rooney ended the season really well in the hole, dropping very deep and spraying passes about.

That said, the season before he hit thirty-odd goals as a lone striker, so maybe they're returning to that set-up.

Say a Milner type? ;-)

ST Coleridge said:
nmc said:

That would then leave Hernandez nowhere. Sneijder to United is a weird one for me, unless baconface is thinking he can use him in central mid (where IMO he would be far too lightweight for the Prem). He would be a much better bet coming to use where we can play to his strengths.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
micky_blue said:
I wonder if Real Madrid was behind the Corinthians bid?

I really doubt that the Brazillian club could affort to pay 40M euros, certainly not up front.

Corinthians are knocked back..........Real come in with a slightly improved 42-43M euros, hoping that no other offers come in.........

So what happens in the real world?

Why would RM get Corinthians (a club Tevez adores) to make a bid which would turn his head completly

On the other side why would Corinthians even do this for RM???
What makes you think Tevez "adores" Corinthians? The last time he was there he threatened the club presedent and physically intimidated the coach and other players! He also only played there for one season, how can you "adore" a club after 9months?

danburge82 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
micky_blue said:
I wonder if Real Madrid was behind the Corinthians bid?

I really doubt that the Brazillian club could affort to pay 40M euros, certainly not up front.

Corinthians are knocked back..........Real come in with a slightly improved 42-43M euros, hoping that no other offers come in.........

So what happens in the real world?

Why would RM get Corinthians (a club Tevez adores) to make a bid which would turn his head completly

On the other side why would Corinthians even do this for RM???
What makes you think Tevez "adores" Corinthians? The last time he was there he threatened the club presedent and physically intimidated the coach and other players! He also only played there for one season, how can you "adore" a club after 9months?

Only going off whats been said by his "advisor"
He himself has always said the club holds a special place in his heart as well, dont forget he didnt leave because he wanted to. Mainly though out of my whole post why did you pick that bit up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.