It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
our "system" sees f/backs have a great deal of possession. Any "creative inadequacy" is magnified, To improve as a team, we need a very top f/back , not just a good one. Unfortunately they are rare imo, if one exists/is available i have no way of knowing. If Pep is satisfied with who we have, fair enough, or even thinks there is a problem. Zin would start for most prem teams, no doubt, but i think City need an upgrade to make the next step.
Imho....

I have seen Hickey a few times and he is good but i doubt he is good enough for us , Zinchenko has his failings but his awareness and touch far exceed this lad, i think we may need a right back before a left back though.
Any in his age/price bracket that can play both side and probably be willing to take a '2nd' spot to learn under Pep though even rarer.

Him taking the Bologna move as he decided it wasnt too big a step too soon strikes me as a clever lad who know what his progession is mapped out at in his own head.

Last few pages, insulting English Player is never good idea. At the end of the day Manchester City is English Team and will prefer English player if they good enough because they bound to the rule to the league they reside in which you can guess an English League.

Pep mentioned literally the other day that we need to sign a striker sooner rather than later and we tried in the summer? Khaldoon also said in his summer interview we needed to replace Sergio and we would? That was said as a statement of fact yet we didn’t push the button? The lads have adapted brilliantly but we still need a world class striker imo and of course we all hope for Haaland but (and maybe they have) we should be throwing extra cash at Dortmund is January to try and do the deal ASAP.
You are missing the point, we have Brazils no1 forward in our squad and he can't get a game. I like and rate Gabby (his composure could be better imo). So we have an option to go with a striker should pep deem the need for one for a particular opponent/situation. Those are the facts as I see them so I can see why a striker isn't a priority.

I have seen Hickey a few times and he is good but i doubt he is good enough for us , Zinchenko has his failings but his awareness and touch far exceed this lad, i think we may need a right back before a left back though.
Ramsay at Aberdeen would be excellent option

As far as left-backs go. Ait-Nouri for Wolves looked really good against us. I'm sure we are looking at him. Only 20 as well. Good LB's are difficult to find.
Was always a classy wonderkid on my FM saves

Zinchenko has some uses against shit teams. but if you cannot do the basics of a fullback like winning 50-50, pressing without getting turned, tackling, recovery pace etc then the other skills are of no use. things like touch, passing are more of a icing on the cake. Hickey think there was a link a few days back.

As far as left-backs go. Ait-Nouri for Wolves looked really good against us. I'm sure we are looking at him. Only 20 as well. Good LB's are difficult to find.
Ait-Nouri is a great shout he looked impressive. there have been a lot of new LB links in the press the past few weeks and makes me think the club is looking at bringing someone in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.