It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no issue with a player who's asking whether Pep is staying and if, not, who next manager will be. There's a team not far from Manchester who show what can happen following a managerial change if there's not a proper plan in place.

Same for a player asking how you'd expect the team to operate with them in the side. Weirdly, same team has shown that just buying the latest shiny because you can doesn't equal success.

I'd much rather have those sorts of questions from a prospective player than them pushing for more money regardless of whether they'll play or not .

That’s fair but that seems if we didn’t have pep he be of to Madrid and don’t give a fcuk who there manager is.

That’s fair but that seems if we didn’t have pep he be of to Madrid and don’t give a fcuk who there manager is.
I'd assume he'd be asking the same questions there.

You can never be sure a club won't sack a manager but when you know a manager's contract will come to an end shortly after you join, I'd want to know who we were thinking of. I suspect we're not going to bring in Dyche with that style of football, so hopefully he'll be bought into the club philosophy of playing style and assured that any new manager will fit that.

I'd assume he'd be asking the same questions there.

You can never be sure a club won't sack a manager but when you know a manager's contract will come to an end shortly after you join, I'd want to know who we were thinking of. I suspect we're not going to bring in Dyche with that style of football, so hopefully he'll be bought into the club philosophy of playing style and assured that any new manager will fit that.
Real Madrid are one of two or maybe three clubs in the world that will always attract players regardless of who the coach is, or how long thy have left on their contract. We all know who the other one or two clubs are, so let's not kid ourselves we're at that 'historic' level yet.

At the moment, top players are far more likely to be attracted to City by Pep Guardiola rather than the club itself. Players and agents will definitely think twice about Pep's future before committing to City. I don't see City giving any information on future management / coaching staff plans to prospective signings or their agents, regardless of how 'great' the player is, or how desperately we want to sign them.

I'd rather he came for the club than the manager but I guess that's old-fashioned thinking.

Presumably, if Pep did sign a two year extension Haaland would threaten to leave at the end of that if we didn't appoint someone he approves of. Sounds suspiciously like Pogba territory to me.

Anyway, I trust our management team implicitly and that includes if we walk away.
Think its fair to say at this time that Haaland isn't looking at being with us forever, rather a 3/4 year period before another move. That could change once here but if he got himself 3 years with Pep he'd probably have that....after that who knows? I doubt Dave or Kun were intending being with us for so long.

Think its fair to say at this time that Haaland isn't looking at being with us forever, rather a 3/4 year period before another move. That could change once here but if he got himself 3 years with Pep he'd probably have that....after that who knows? I doubt Dave or Kun were intending being with us for so long.
They all say that and then we hitch them to any poor local girl passing by.

I'd rather he came for the club than the manager but I guess that's old-fashioned thinking.

Presumably, if Pep did sign a two year extension Haaland would threaten to leave at the end of that if we didn't appoint someone he approves of. Sounds suspiciously like Pogba territory to me.

Anyway, I trust our management team implicitly and that includes if we walk away.

Pogba has the same agent so no surprise there

I know it sounds daft but I think the Mbappe signing is going to seriously change the transfer world. A superstar leaving on a free transfer is huge.

Haaland could sign a 5yr contract here then go to Real for nothing and get a 50m euro check straight in his account as a signing bonus and City end up with nothing. If Fifa do bring in this cap on agents fees then players are going to be encouraged even more to go on free transfers to bump up the figures and make that % an agent makes valuable.

A ton of people expected Silva and Aguero to leave after 3 years and also Pep as well. "Well if Guardiola only spent 3 years at Barcelona and Bayern there's no way he stays longer at City". Here we are. I truly believe that if we manage to sign Erling the same will happen with him, everyone will expect 3 years and he'll still be here banging in goals a decade later.

We just need to get him in the door and let the club do the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.