It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

After walking away from Koulibaly, we didn't get any concrete links to Dias until the deal was practically already done with Benfica.

If we do have a plan b, I expect the club are actively working on the deal and we will learn about it when things are advanced.

It’s rare nowadays that a journalist breaks a story early on isn’t it? I was thinking that earlier.

Ornstein has done a few this window but it seems the main thing that gives a journalist a good rep is confirming that something is late on.

Like you said, when we’re close to getting the LB then we’ll know about it. The Cucurella stuff only seemed to drag because we were obviously interested but the fact of the matter is, we bid once (maybe twice) and the circus around it made it bigger than what it was.

I have never read as much bollocks as I have seen in the transfer forum this summer, noting that the window still has another month to run.

In the past our clueless negotiators have brought us the likes of KDB, Gundo, Bernardo, David, Sergio, etc etc etc, all at phenomenally good value, which we have to do to get past the FFP rules that were put in place to stop us.

There is a lot of moaning about Sterling and Jesus leaving, but both were in the last year of their contract and wanted to leave for more game time, so as far as I can see their departures were inevitable and the prices we got for them were decent in the circumstances, particularly when you consider Raheem’s wages. I know for a fact that Oleks could have stayed but he wanted more game time than we could give him - I am pretty clear that Pep develop Oleks into a fantastic squad player, but is he better than our other midfielders, or a really top class left back - again I don’t think so, as much as it pains me to say it, because he is a sensational character; he wanted to leave unfortunately and I think we got decent value,

I read about how we fucked up last summer with Kane, but no way was anyone going to pay £150m for him, including us, but particularly because it was us Levy was never going to accept less. I think it’s fairly clear that there was no other desirable target that Pep wanted in place of Kane, other than Haaland, who we knew was much more obtainable 2022 than 2021, and we got him. I reckon Pep was pretty happy to play a different way for a season, and it didn’t turn out too bad, champions again.

Now I keep reading that Pep, Txiki, Soriano and Khaldoon are clueless because we didn’t pay £50m or more for a full back that most of us hadn’t heard of a year ago - I don’t blame them in the slightest. I am also reading that we don’t have a plan B for another left back - who the hell can say that’s a fact? I would imagine we are looking and talking as we speak, but I also imagine Pep is happy to play the first game of the season with the 2 world class full backs we have, while other people look to bring another player in; what’s the fucking panic, IF Walker or Cancelo get an injury in the meantime then Pep will deal with it, like he always does. Of course plenty of geniuses now think Cancelo is shite because of a couple of below par performances in friendlies; maybe he has inherited more than Raheem’s shirt number, but also the need for mard arses to have a scapegoat.

I am now reading about how fucking great Chelsea are by going in and quickly spunking £50m on Cucurella. Look how well that worked out for them with Kepa, Chilwell, Werner and Havertz.

The crying and panicking about the squad and the perceived incompetence of the senior executive at our club is fucking pathetic. Four titles in the last five years in the worlds most competitive league and yet people are still wetting their knickers. Fucking hell we had 20 years of trying to get rid of a truly incompetent clown in Peter Swales, and yet people consistently moan about the worlds best manager and in my view the worlds best run football club. That’s my perspective anyway.
Preach my brother.

I have never read as much bollocks as I have seen in the transfer forum this summer, noting that the window still has another month to run.

In the past our clueless negotiators have brought us the likes of KDB, Gundo, Bernardo, David, Sergio, etc etc etc, all at phenomenally good value, which we have to do to get past the FFP rules that were put in place to stop us.

There is a lot of moaning about Sterling and Jesus leaving, but both were in the last year of their contract and wanted to leave for more game time, so as far as I can see their departures were inevitable and the prices we got for them were decent in the circumstances, particularly when you consider Raheem’s wages. I know for a fact that Oleks could have stayed but he wanted more game time than we could give him - I am pretty clear that Pep develop Oleks into a fantastic squad player, but is he better than our other midfielders, or a really top class left back - again I don’t think so, as much as it pains me to say it, because he is a sensational character; he wanted to leave unfortunately and I think we got decent value,

I read about how we fucked up last summer with Kane, but no way was anyone going to pay £150m for him, including us, but particularly because it was us Levy was never going to accept less. I think it’s fairly clear that there was no other desirable target that Pep wanted in place of Kane, other than Haaland, who we knew was much more obtainable 2022 than 2021, and we got him. I reckon Pep was pretty happy to play a different way for a season, and it didn’t turn out too bad, champions again.

Now I keep reading that Pep, Txiki, Soriano and Khaldoon are clueless because we didn’t pay £50m or more for a full back that most of us hadn’t heard of a year ago - I don’t blame them in the slightest. I am also reading that we don’t have a plan B for another left back - who the hell can say that’s a fact? I would imagine we are looking and talking as we speak, but I also imagine Pep is happy to play the first game of the season with the 2 world class full backs we have, while other people look to bring another player in; what’s the fucking panic, IF Walker or Cancelo get an injury in the meantime then Pep will deal with it, like he always does. Of course plenty of geniuses now think Cancelo is shite because of a couple of below par performances in friendlies; maybe he has inherited more than Raheem’s shirt number, but also the need for mard arses to have a scapegoat.

I am now reading about how fucking great Chelsea are by going in and quickly spunking £50m on Cucurella. Look how well that worked out for them with Kepa, Chilwell, Werner and Havertz.

The crying and panicking about the squad and the perceived incompetence of the senior executive at our club is fucking pathetic. Four titles in the last five years in the worlds most competitive league and yet people are still wetting their knickers. Fucking hell we had 20 years of trying to get rid of a truly incompetent clown in Peter Swales, and yet people consistently moan about the worlds best manager and in my view the worlds best run football club. That’s my perspective anyway.
Like x1000000

Reliable French journos reporting PSG is heavily interested in Bernardo.
I'd rather do a Neymar swap deal with PSG than sell him to Barca.
This club seriously needs to stop twerking for Barca, it's disgustingly annoying.
Btw, Chelsea matched 50mil for Cucurella but Brighton wants MORE!
Now I see why we walked away!!
When did we “twerk” for Barca? everytime I’ve seen someone say that they’ve never given an example of it happening

Knee Jerkers please take note!!

Great read BBS!!

When did we “twerk” for Barca? everytime I’ve seen someone say that they’ve never given an example of it happening
Sold them Ferran for £55m
Refuse to sell them Bernardo
Employ their greatest manager ever and made him ours
Poach their youth players

Damn we're so deep in Barcelona's pocket... lol

Sold them Ferran for £55m
Refuse to sell them Bernardo
Employ their greatest manager ever and made him ours
Poach their youth players

Damn we're so deep in Barcelona's pocket... lol
This isn't true is it? The rest is spot on. Not sure how anyone buys into that nonsense.

Always sit and wonder how many of our legends would've ended up at Barca if we'd never won the ownership lottery. Silva and Kun definitely would've been at Barca I think. Kompany very likely. I think the top brass at Barca hold some bitterness in knowing that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.