It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Hasn’t all there levers been pulled?!
giphy.gif

I've read that this is in line with our policy of not going back in for players who've rejected us in the past. We went for him when he was leaving Ajax and he chose not to come, so they're not going back for him.

The only one we did do that for was laporte

I don't think that is a thing. At all. But might have something to do with this particular one, who knows.

Phil has though?
Totally agree. If Bernardo does leave, we don't necessarily need to buy a direct replacement. We could buy for example Felix or Nkunku and drop Foden or even Grealish back to cover Bernardos position.

The wealth’s irrelevant really, we still have to comply with the regulations. Just because the left back we signed has barely played, he’s still here, on the books and getting paid. And of the above, the only square peg in a round hole is Cancelo and that’s not so bad. We still might sign one anyway.
We've made more sales in this accounting year than any club has ever made. So the wealth isn't really irrelevant when you make circa £250 million sales and have plenty of money to spend. When you need a full back and you have the money...I assume most clubs would buy one. But yeh there's still time.

Considering the average positions of Walker and Cancelo yesterday, if they need a rest, Mahrez and Philips could fill in!

I've still got concerns about our defensive ability at left back against the best wingers, particularly in the CL, but we should be fine against most PL teams.

Ignoring availability, I'm still struggling to see a left back who would improve our first team with the way we play or wouldn't be a big drop off if 2nd choice.
We need a zinchenko . Someone who can fill in and play games in case of an injury or players needing rest. Shit will firmly hit the fan if walker or cancelo are out for long periods, which happened at the end of last season and did cost us in some games.

Agree on left back availability... There's not many available city quality left backs that spring to mind. They need to put those scouts to use haha.

Good shout that. He’d probably want more game time than we could offer though?
I suppose if we were interested we could point to the fact that De Bruyne is 31 and we may need to start managing his game time a bit more over the next couple of years, Gundogan is 32 in a couple of months and his contract is up at the end of this season, and even if Bernardo does stay this summer it'll probably only be for one more season.

When you couple all that with the fact that it's a 60 game season with a world cup in the middle, I think any worries De Jong might have about game time will be quickly allayed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.