It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Who do we reckon we are scouting from Porto? City scouts at multiple Porto games this season.
Someone asked about their LB's:
Wendel, 29, Brazil. All round game. Used to be quite highly rated in Germany but not mentioned much now. Moved 2021 for 5m or so.
Other seems to be Zaidu Sanusi, 25, Nigeria. Don't know much about him. Seems to have a lot of pace from what limited reports I can get. He is a Gestifute player. But injured. Not a regular for the national team AFAIK. Apart from that, I can't imagine why City would be interested in him more than his rival for the Nigeria LB slot, Calvin Bassey 23, PSV (prev Rangers).

Someone asked about their LB's:
Wendel, 29, Brazil. All round game. Used to be quite highly rated in Germany but not mentioned much now. Moved 2021 for 5m or so.
Other seems to be Zaidu Sanusi, 25, Nigeria. Don't know much about him. Seems to have a lot of pace from what limited reports I can get. He is a Gestifute player. But injured. Not a regular for the national team AFAIK. Apart from that, I can't imagine why City would be interested in him more than his rival for the Nigeria LB slot, Calvin Bassey 23, PSV (prev Rangers).
Bassey plays for Ajax

Next summer feels like a difficult transfer window. I'm assuming Gundogan and Bernardo will leave, and it sounds as if Cancelo wants out. Gundo will go on a free and I'm not convinced we're going to get what we would like for the other two. Academy sales seem to make up some shortfall, but I think we're looking at needing quite a bit of investment.

We know we're in for Bellingham, and I suspect it's quite likely that the other midfield place might go to either Foden or Grealish, which would leave a gap for a left winger. I would hope maybe McAtee comes back to get a few minutes here and there.

If we were looking at a wide player, I'd be keen on that Napoli lad, but again, big bucks and a difficult club to buy from.

LB is once again a real issue. I don't have a lot of faith in Gomes, and although Ake can do a job there, only in a very particular formation. So we will need a first team LB who can do what Pep needs going forward without being a liability defending, and options are thin on the ground.

So it does feel as if we will need quite a big outlay this summer. I don't imagine we will buy all of these either, but will need to continue to cut out coat to our cloth.

I'm assuming KDB will stay and regain some form, but I'm also thoughtful about what sort of role he is going to transition into for the last phase of his career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.