It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We’ll know the reality about departures starting next week. And I’m still skeptical of those two names

I suppose in my head I was thinking we’d take advantage of this potentially being Pep’s last season to attract top drawer talent just in case, but his recent public comments certainly didn’t help, then I suppose we’ll be stuck with some underwhelming names (at least where I am concerned)
Undewhelming names aren't always underwhelming players. In fact with City over recent years they are rarely underwhelming players. Pep won't leave next year but even if he did we can still attract top players.

So Phillips won’t be better than the 37 year old Fernandinho for the squad and cucurella is an actual left back? And the best manager in the world has backed signing them? How would you feel if we aren’t signing de Jong as we can defo fet Bellingham next summer?
You were asking about improving the squad, not comparing names. Fernandinho shouldn’t stay another season, but you can bring a name that adds or a name that fills a hole.
I think people are being too quick to assume names are certain. We don’t know the validity of the links and how negotiations will go down. Days ago many here thought FDJ was a done deal. Let’s have patience. I have faith that in the end the actual names we bring will truly improve and compliment the excellent squad we already have

Sadly, the FDJ thing ain't a goer :(

Whether it be United or we haven't pursued it, don't have a Scooby.

Ahh well. Hopefully Bellingham next year then.

So Haaland , Alvarez , Cucurella & one of Phillips / Nunes ?

Out - Jesus , Fernandinho

IF Gundo, Bernie stay - ok with that then. Always can be better - but it is what it is.

Apart from Haaland , they maybe squad players but they would be happy to be squad players similar to Zini but with enough quality to successfully rotate so that we can go late into all 4 competitions with less injuries and manage minutes.

Bellingham next year would be ideal. Others will be dependent on the status of Raz and Mahrez ( I assume Gundo will definitely leave)

Does Phillips improve our squad? Not really and he certainly doesn't get close to Rodri. Very underwhelming if Phillips is a potential target.

But we can’t have two people of that quality in that position imo? Rodri is the number one for big games if fit so another £60m sits on a bench most of the time? Wouldn’t work at all and @tolmie's hairdoo said the club have been watching Phillips over the last 2-3 years and pep really rates him?

At least it means I can get on with my summer. Hardly going to stay glued to my screen to see if we can push through deals for Kalvin Phillips and Marc Cucurella.
When I've seen the Spanish kid play, he's always played well, there's a lot of potential in that kid, he'll be good for us I think. Another one is obviously not a big name but he seems to be an okay player.

I don't think there'll be more than one midfielder, if Gundogan stays and he'll be replaced next summer. In fact if it is Phillips and Cucerella, unless anyone else leaves I think that will be us done.
Getting Haaland, Alvarez, Cucu, Phillips and extending Sterling's contract would be a very successful window. Gundo's and Mahrez' replacements and a new RB are probably scheduled for the next summer

Phillips is very, very underwhelming. Don't think he's cut out to play the brand of midfield football that Pep commands. Would love to be proven wrong.
Thing is though whatever we think, if Pep didn't think he was capabale then we wouldn't buy him. Doesn't mean he can't be wrong but he and Txiki must see something. Unless of course this is just paper talk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.