It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Good to see most of the forum are coming to my side and finally seeing the obvious flaws in our squad and how our board has fucked things up till now. and this is not the first time they have done it. they failed to replace a obvious gap left by Kompany and they did not give pep necessary striker for 2 seasons. in the final against chelsea if we had a striker they will not have been able to shut down our offense like they did. similarly vini fucked a aging ferna in the CL semis because we did not have a extra CB cover. so the board has already cost us a PL and a CL and if not for Pep more probably.

Do you think if a business like Amazon will keep their CEO if they drop from 1st to 3rd in a year. No they will be fired and so our board of executives should also be in the firing line if our season goes tits up after a treble because of their failure in the transfer market. our board are good but not great. to stay at the top we need the very best.

the reason my approach is superior to all the plebs here who suggest to just be happy for the past and let mediocrity stand is because with my approach there are many more trebles possible and create a long lasting legacy in football while with their approach we have already reached the top and from here the only way is down.
gran-torino-clint-eastwood.gif

Good to see most of the forum are coming to my side and finally seeing the obvious flaws in our squad and how our board has fucked things up till now. and this is not the first time they have done it. they failed to replace a obvious gap left by Kompany and they did not give pep necessary striker for 2 seasons. in the final against chelsea if we had a striker they will not have been able to shut down our offense like they did. similarly vini fucked a aging ferna in the CL semis because we did not have a extra CB cover. so the board has already cost us a PL and a CL and if not for Pep more probably.

Do you think if a business like Amazon will keep their CEO if they drop from 1st to 3rd in a year. No they will be fired and so our board of executives should also be in the firing line if our season goes tits up after a treble because of their failure in the transfer market. our board are good but not great. to stay at the top we need the very best.

the reason my approach is superior to all the plebs here who suggest to just be happy for the past and let mediocrity stand is because with my approach there are many more trebles possible and create a long lasting legacy in football while with their approach we have already reached the top and from here the only way is down.
crack.gif

Liverpool sell Fabinho and could they ask the question about City selling Phillips

I would sell for £50 million if they come knocking

thing is its near impossible to predict how the season will go.

no one expected Newcastle to reach CL places
no one expected Liverpool to qualify for EL only.
no one expected Arsenal to challenge for title.
no one expected Chelsea after them spending huge for Tuchel to crash out of top4 and not even reach top10 in PL.

now we say Arse, Pool, Chelsea, rags will be much stronger but that was supposed to happen last year as well for some it did for some it didnt at all.

we will be there or close enough to another title win but maybe heads and hunger drops a bit, we have more injuries than last season and we finish 3rd even if we get Gvardiol in but rivals manage to improve their results, consistency, avoid crucial injuries etc.you never know...

we are brutal lucky with Pep, he is trophy magnet, he tries to get the maximum out of what he has, improve players and instill great mentality but even with that we were awful in some big CL ties vs Spurs, Lyon etc or in CL final vs Chelsea or in some FA semis or in the PL in 19-20. but overall we won the lot, much more than rivals for sure.

I am more worried on the mental side, after a treble win easy to lose bit of hunger thats why I would add couple very hungry players who never won CL or PL. ie what Haaland did, he is a mental shark and that takes off on other players. also imo that 115 PL charges Pep managed to use that to our advantage create a huge mindset in dressing room" they think we cheated, we dont deserve our success, lets show them how good we are" and our results suddenly started to improve big time onwards February, not sure season pans out the same if we dont have those charges dropped on us.
and also from a position of strength we should imo use our financial power to add to the squad and honestly that was the plan after adding Haaland we also wanted to add Bellingham& Gvardiol its just what we do when plan A fails or takes months of saga with us also being way too patient with players deciding to extend or leave, this affects our recruitment and delays a lot of business.

having said that not many teams won treble and never a team won it back to back, so there will be some drop off either way.

the reason my approach is superior to all the plebs here...

kind-of-a-big-deal-anchorman.gif

thing is its near impossible to predict how the season will go.

no one expected Newcastle to reach CL places
no one expected Liverpool to qualify for EL only.
no one expected Arsenal to challenge for title.
no one expected Chelsea after them spending huge for Tuchel to crash out of top4 and not even reach top10 in PL.

now we say Arse, Pool, Chelsea, rags will be much stronger but that was supposed to happen last year as well for some it did for some it didnt at all.

we will be there or close enough to another title win but maybe heads and hunger drops a bit, we have more injuries than last season and we finish 3rd even if we get Gvardiol in but rivals manage to improve their results, consistency, avoid crucial injuries etc.you never know...

we are brutal lucky with Pep, he is trophy magnet, he tries to get the maximum out of what he has, improve players and instill great mentality but even with that we were awful in some big CL ties vs Spurs, Lyon etc or in CL final vs Chelsea or in some FA semis or in the PL in 19-20. but overall we won the lot, much more than rivals for sure.

I am more worried on the mental side, after a treble win easy to lose bit of hunger thats why I would add couple very hungry players who never won CL or PL. ie what Haaland did, he is a mental shark and that takes off on other players. also imo that 115 PL charges Pep managed to use that to our advantage create a huge mindset in dressing room" they think we cheated, we dont deserve our success, lets show them how good we are" and our results suddenly started to improve big time onwards February, not sure season pans out the same if we dont have those charges dropped on us.
and also from a position of strength we should imo use our financial power to add to the squad and honestly that was the plan after adding Haaland we also wanted to add Bellingham& Gvardiol its just what we do when plan A fails or takes months of saga with us also being way too patient with players deciding to extend or leave, this affects our recruitment and delays a lot of business.

having said that not many teams won treble and never a team won it back to back, so there will be some drop off either way.
We can also factor in that every season we see gaping holes that have been filled by ingenious and intuitive thinking; a true master continuously evolves ahead of his peers and Pep does this before our eyes…

I can’t wait to see what’s next because it’s going to be on the agenda, again … maybe Carson as an inverted 10 ? what a cracker that would be (:

I mean difference of opinion aside I have never insinuated you’re spoiled though. I think we all are. But yeah fair points, I just need to see evidence on the pitch for rival team improvements, because hypotheticals don’t matter to me, on paper signings for Arsenal look good, bar Havertz, but yeah. My stance on them remains the same.

There’s also nothing wrong with wanting standards maintained, it’s just a case of differing in how you want them to approach that, I tend to believe the market isn’t the sole answer when there’s a squad like ours. Gone are the days of being proactive, for me it’s just about being reactive now, see what really needs to change and don’t try to overdo it. It worked for most teams across europe, Madrid being a solid example, and far as CL talk goes, next years teams are even weaker than this years, I’d even double down and say we can do a back to back in CL adding just Gvardiol.

Lastly, the bench for me has been weak for 2 years now given how we play, so I’m not expecting a vast difference in quality this time around. For record, most teams that go onto win big ears and big silverware tend to do it with their core squad and others chipping in. I’ll trust Pep with that, I’ve no reason not to, for him to find a new solution. Yet again, there is no pre-conceived notion of believing anyone is spoiled or in over their head, it’s simply realising you can be as best prepared as possible and things can still fall apart. The preparation is debatable.
UCL teams weakened? How?

Bayern: Upgraded with Guerreiro as a squad member, much improved in defense with Kim, and improved in MF with Laimer.

Madrid: Huge improvement with Bellingham. Lost an aging Benzema.

Arsenal: Rice is great, Timber is really good, and Havertz is improvement for squad depth. Only lost Xhaka.

United: Onana is one of the best GK in the world, Mount is a solid signing, and let's see what the young forward brings to the table (but this is an unknown). Haven't lost any important player.

Barcelona: Added Gundogan, a young DM, a good defender in Inigo Martinez andwon't lose Dembele for 25m now (his clause is 100m after today), so even if they lose him, now they will have money for a replacement.

PSG: Ugarte, Skriniar, Asensio and Lucas are really solid signings. Waiting for Mbappe saga.

Inter is the only team who has not improved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.