It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by tolmie's hairdoo, 10 May 2019.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel

Rather depends on if Kompany’s departure makes Otamendi have a rethink on his future. If we sign a centre back to replace Kompany, then there can be no guarantee that anyone will play more, which might have a bearing on his ultimate decision. I think he’ll leave, but I think that could also depend on negotiations with Atlético Madrid.

2. blueparrot

blueparrot

Nothing to negotiate with Atletico. Otamendi is a separate issue, think its a bit chicken and egg. Hell stay if we don't buy anyone, we wont buy anyone if he stays. Think once that’s established he’ll probably stay.

3. nmc

nmc

In some ways Kompany being replaced by someone who’s available to play more often than an injury prone Kompany may actually make Otamendi’s situation worse. For much of last season Otamendi wasn’t getting playing time when there were just three available centre backs.

4. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

I guess it depends how Pep sees the pecking order

5. BlueBrain

BlueBrain

So so so quiet

domalino likes this.
  6. Gabriel

Gabriel

Concur. I’ve resigned myself to Otamendi and Danilo both leaving and that the players who replace them will put greater pressure on the incumbents. If those two haven’t put enough pressure to warrant games this season, then we should seek out younger players who can; not a criticism of either’s service, simply an appreciation that the squad need evolve in terms of fresh faces and existing players assuming greater responsibility.

nmc and Keeper! like this.
  7. the_tevez_wiggle

the_tevez_wiggle

Like utd coughed up a bit extra for Sanchez? Then players like rashford want £250,000-£300,000 or leave for free. We have a structure and it works. We have a great atmosphere and players sign new contracts coz they're happy here. Utd are now struggling to offload players they dont want exactly like us when we started our project.

8. domalino

domalino

If we reach September and we've gone after a Fernandinho replacement 2 years in a row and failed to get anyone, then the system hasn't worked.

We got lucky last season, Fern didn't get injured until the end of the season. If he'd picked up that month long knee injury at Christmas instead then we wouldn't have won the league.

cjn likes this.
  9. One of the most obsessed Blues I know was born and raised in Witham, Essex. His dad moved down from Manchester sometime in the 60s.

10. blueparrot

blueparrot

Thats a big if, besides would bet Gundogan started more games as DM between losing to Newcastle and winning the league.