It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

I know, it’s really cost us having just two the last two years.
Having two strikers is ok in part because we have wing depth that can play centrally as well if needed. Subtracting an attacker without replacement leaves the squad vulnerable to an injury for no reason.

Having two strikers is ok in part because we have wing depth that can play centrally as well if needed. Subtracting an attacker without replacement leaves the squad vulnerable to an injury for no reason.

Two strikers hasn’t hindered us in the main, because our build up play is the best around. Hence the number of tap-ins, with players arriving late. But, in some games we have lacked a killer instinct and been a bit wasteful, and the option of another striker would give us flexibility, that a 65 game season requires

Apart from the reason that it would need to be a striker as good as the 2 we have that was happy to hardly play. It would take a squad place currently taken up by one of our attacking / midfield players.. so if we bring in a third centre forward who are you getting rid of ?

The bit about Sane would be genuinely worrying imo.
Why? I think it’s clear from the players we are targeting that we want to play considerably more often with wing backs instead of wingers. Cancelo and Angelino, added to Mendy, gives us that possibility. Plus, Sané is only our 3rd choice winger, so the change is to give more minutes to Mahrez and a change tactically to let Mendy/Angelino/Cancelo be the width more often. If we are wanting to play with wing backs more than we do currently, we should not be worried about losing a winger and gaining a wing back. If anything it gives us more flexibility.

Apart from the reason that it would need to be a striker as good as the 2 we have that was happy to hardly play. It would take a squad place currently taken up by one of our attacking / midfield players.. so if we bring in a third centre forward who are you getting rid of ?
Sorry if unclear, I'm not actually suggesting bringing in a third striker. I'm saying if we sell Sane I think we need to replace him because our wing depth, in addition to the obvious benefits, also helps us get away with only having Sergio and Gabe because if one got hurt during the year one of the wingers could step into the middle if needed as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.