It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Each to their own. But England just made the semi of a World Cup, Argentina a Copa America. Otamendi & Stones are every bit as good as Alderweireld, better than DeLigt currently. Certainly on a par with Kompany.

Anyway, that’s not really my point, Laporte, Stones and Kompany are as good an option as any other team has and there’s zero reason to just buy a centre back. What Kompany offered can’t be replaced in the transfer market.
So my money is on an imaginative solution to the issue.
Stopped reading when you said on a par with Kompany. Get real mate watch that man’s performances in the run in when he kept both of them out of the team. Neither of them has had a Leicester moment either. Saying Otta and Stones as good as VK makes me question whether you’re really a city fan.

It’s a cup competition. Lovern barely played.

What is your definition of World Class? I think two players at the very top of the game are rightly in the conversation.
Two players at the top of the game are just that, world class means they could start in a world 11, Otta and Stones wouldn’t be discussed.

I wonder if we would be tempted with signing bonnuci or someone like that? Experience and class instead of a younger player so not to block Eric and Taylor coming through?

De Ligt is at the required level now. How many 'coming years' until our teenagers are at the required level? Also, what do we do in the meantime?

Again, its hard to tell since they haven't played a lot of first team football (something that would have been more likely if they came through...say Ajax). I would expect 1 more year for Harwood Bellis and I expect Garcia is ready now. It seems that Pep agrees since he is our 4th choice CB. Since Garcia is ready now (IMO and in Pep's opinion), your last question is moot.

Again, its hard to tell since they haven't played a lot of first team football (something that would have been more likely if they came through...say Ajax). I would expect 1 more year for Harwood Bellis and I expect Garcia is ready now. It seems that Pep agrees since he is our 4th choice CB. Since Garcia is ready now (IMO and in Pep's opinion), your last question is moot.
So you make a claim, then say 'It's hard to tell' how good they are, because Pep didn't deem them good enough to play first team league football, then you 'expect Garcia is ready now'.

We're Manchester City, NOT Ajax in an easier league with less money. You say Garcia is our 4th choice..... When did Pep tell you this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.