It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they should train with the first team but continue playing games with EDS.
It's hard to judge how competitive the US games were, but you could not have expected more from them. They are the bonus of a successful tour. I would like to see them get some first team games this season. I think that's realistic too. Asensio is a bit older but he is playing for Real madrid

It's hard to judge how competitive the US games were, but you could not have expected more from them. They are the bonus of a successful tour. I would like to see them get some first team games this season. I think that's realistic too. Asensio is a bit older but he is playing for Real madrid

Both of them just turned 17 Asensio is 21.
I'm sure they'll get some time in cup games but imo they need to continue regular football with EDS and training with the first team to keep developing.

Both of them just turned 17 Asensio is 21.
I'm sure they'll get some time in cup games but imo they need to continue regular football with EDS and training with the first team to keep developing.
Asensio is also a supreme talent on the level of Mbappe, Sane, and Dembele. He is the future of Spanish football. Real have incredible youth players on their teams right now in Kovacic, Asensio, Oscar, and Dani Ceballos. Florentino basically combined the Galactico model and the Masia model and it is only just beginning to pay dividends. Hopefully in a few years we will see the same success at the youth level.

Asensio is a weird comparison to make considering it took him 2 loans before he touched Real's first team.

In a way, but it would still require two injuries in the same position if you think about it. And Danilio looks pretty good, so if we do sign another fullback, it's less games for him.
Watching pre-season it seems like if Danilo and Walker were injured (or Danilo and Mendy) you'd see a 3-5-2 with Sane one side and the fit full back the other.

That said I'm still firmly of the opinion we should bring in a foreign CB (looks to be martinez), Sanchez and swap Delph for a homegrown lb - bertrand, cresswell, even chilwell (didn't we want him once?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.