It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly isn't homework, but since you presumed he's a psycho still to this date I thought one, at the bare minimum, have to have seen him in the last 6 years to reach that conclusion. Where's the evidence otherwise? That's all really.

Fair point. I've gone away and done my research and discovered he got sent off for headbutting Thomas Muller 3 years ago at Euro 2014.

I don't think I said I've not seen him play in 6 years, did I? You're assuming that based on him not being sent off in la liga for 6 years.

I also don't think I said "he gets sent off a lot". I said he's psychotic.

Now I'm not a psychologist so fair play I'll withdraw that and say I think he's a horrible, nasty, cheating scumbag. Much like Costa, every time I've seen him play he's aggressive to the point of nastiness, and play acts the innocent victim when he gets it back. Costa doesn't get sent off a lot either, but it doesn't change the fact that he does it.

To back that up (evidence mate, like you asked for), here's an article from 2016 dedicated to complaining about Pepe's disgraceful cheating in the 2016 champions league semi final. Just over 1 year ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-it-is-time-football-introduced-the-pepe-rule

That is what I was getting at, and that is why I don't think we went in for him. Tbh there's a reason my opinion is pretty common. I'm open to hearing your evidence about his reformed character, which seems to be thin considering your expectations of me.

Another possibility is that he's 34 and deemed not good enough to be backup for Real so maybe we aspired to more.

And possibly his history with Pep might not be the best, given they were on opposing sides during the great rivalry of Pep's Barcelona years.

Last edited:
So what's the wish list?

For me still a centre half and a striker and a left back (if we can afford a LB). I would still love VVD and Sanchez.

Sell Bony Delph Mangala ( I know a lot of blues like Manga but I think you are all crazy people)

Id be surprised if there weren't anymore ins/outs in the next 17 days though unfortunately I can see it being all in the last few days.

We need to shift some high earners on but if not I hope we can still bring in a centre half of quality.

Why is it we are so bad at recognising a good centre half?
Depends if our management team want to spend £60-70 M on VVD.

He's very average by all accounts, Yaya is still a better player as DM. Adding more (foreign!) dross to the squad would only make further signings more difficult.

Roberto is better, but I don't think he can improve us. He can't play in a pivot role, and we surely don't need any more CMs - giving Foden max possible playing time should be one of Pep's goals this season (and, knowing Pep, it will).

I don't watch Barca week in week out, but by going off Barca fans they seem to rave about Samper and not so much about Sergi Roberto. Most Barca fans seem to think he is average.

Fair point. I've gone away and done my research and discovered he got sent off for headbutting Thomas Muller 3 years ago at Euro 2014.

I don't think I said I've not seen him play in 6 years, did I? You're assuming that based on him not being sent off in la liga for 6 years.

I also don't think I said "he gets sent off a lot". I said he's psychotic.

Now I'm not a psychologist so fair play I'll withdraw that and say I think he's a horrible, nasty, cheating scumbag. Much like Costa, every time I've seen him play he's aggressive to the point of nastiness, and play acts the innocent victim when he gets it back. Costa doesn't get sent off a lot either, but it doesn't change the fact that he does it.

To back that up (evidence mate, like you asked for), here's an article from 2016 dedicated to complaining about Pepe's disgraceful cheating in the 2016 champions league semi final. Just over 1 year ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-it-is-time-football-introduced-the-pepe-rule

That is what I was getting at, and that is why I don't think we went in for him. Tbh there's a reason my opinion is pretty common. I'm open to hearing your evidence about his reformed character, which seems to be thin considering your expectations of me.

Another possibility is that he's 34 and deemed not good enough to be backup for Real so maybe we aspired to more.

And possibly his history with Pep might not be the best, given they were on opposing sides during the great rivalry of Pep's Barcelona years.

Pepe is pure scum mate. Don't waste your time.

Keep Mangala and get Sanchez/DM, is the ideal in my view. Kompany hasn't actually been injured for a few months now, fingers crossed.

Keep Managala by all means, But only if Pep has sufficient faith in him that he's prepared to play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.