It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cannot see us signing another CB - why would we? One of our CBs can't get a game at the moment, another £50m signing that wouldn't even get on the bench makes absolutely zero sense. The only way it happens is if one leaves.

Fernandinho replacement and a forward. Outside of that, we don't really need much else. I could potentially see us going for a jack of all trades type signing as well, but feel that was what was intended with Danilo and that was just a waste.

Ederson, Bravo
Walker, Maffeo, Kompany, Stones, Otamendi, Laporte, Mendy, Delph
Fernandinho, new signing (Weigl?)
KDB, Silva, Bernardo, Gundogan, Foden
Sterling, Sane, new signing (Bailey?)
Aguero, Jesus

An excellent squad that will be more well rounded than this season. Plenty of players able to fill in as well - Gundo and Delph in the DM role, Bernardo on the wing etc.
Pretty much agree the only change I would make is cover for Mendy that allows us to play the same way Mendy does, whether that's somebody to replace Delph or Angelino being added I don't know.

If there is a chance of mbappe as mullock states might happen then this time we have to go balls deep! Even if we just signed him this summer we are set for years to come. In a perfect world we get mbappe and a world class DM that’s all this young squad needs

I would wager we sign only two new players for a combined fee of circa 80 million GBP.. Wiegl and Zaha. Chelsea and United will probably spend in excess of 200 million each with another 150 million blown by Arsenal and maybe even Liverpool... Tottenham will be more interested in winning The Zero Net Spend League again next season...Then the media will have to bend their narrative as the competition close the spending gap...All part of Pep's masterplan maybe...Plus we will have the most settled squad...

Just cannot see us signing another CB - why would we? One of our CBs can't get a game at the moment, another £50m signing that wouldn't even get on the bench makes absolutely zero sense. The only way it happens is if one leaves.

Fernandinho replacement and a forward. Outside of that, we don't really need much else. I could potentially see us going for a jack of all trades type signing as well, but feel that was what was intended with Danilo and that was just a waste.

Ederson, Bravo
Aguero, Jesus

An excellent squad that will be more well rounded than this season. Plenty of players able to fill in as well - Gundo and Delph in the DM role, Bernardo on the wing etc.

This makes the most sense. You are absolutely right. However i am still worried about the LB situation and CB. Mendy and Delph are an excellent pair.....when fit. Maybe trading in Delph for Bertrand might give us more reliability . It's the same with Kompany. If we can move him on to bring in another reliable CB it is something we should look at.

Tonight is a time to celebrate our success this season but soon we are going to have some very difficult but critical decisions to make, I don't think that Pep will allow the board to stand still this time.

Ederson, Bravo
Aguero, Jesus

This makes the most sense. You are absolutely right. However i am still worried about the LB situation and CB. Mendy and Delph are an excellent pair.....when fit. Maybe trading in Delph for Bertrand might give us more reliability . It's the same with Kompany. If we can move him on to bring in another reliable CB it is something we should look at.

If there is a chance of mbappe as mullock states might happen then this time we have to go balls deep! Even if we just signed him this summer we are set for years to come. In a perfect world we get mbappe and a world class DM that’s all this young squad needs

I dont understand this mbappe situation. Surely it's logical for PSG to try and move on neymar.

Pep is a winner and will want to push on, There are key decisions to be made on the senior members of our squad, Yaya will leave but we have to face the thought that next year is very likely to be the final season for Kpmpany and Aguero, add to this that Pep has already indicated that Silva may play less next year. All 3 of these players have been key to our success and the club may feel it is too much to replace them all at the end of next season. I fear that one of these three may leave at the end of this season but hope i'm wrong.

Pep is a winner and will want to push on, There are key decisions to be made on the senior members of our squad, Yaya will leave but we have to face the thought that next year is very likely to be the final season for Kpmpany and Aguero, add to this that Pep has already indicated that Silva may play less next year. All 3 of these players have been key to our success and the club may feel it is too much to replace them all at the end of next season. I fear that one of these three may leave at the end of this season but hope i'm wrong.

I agree, hence the name drops to Isco, Thiago and yet another CB in the media, as well as the long-term links to a winger/forward and that that person would potentially be marquee. Add in a DM, and I hope Pep gives Angelino and Maffeo a chance so we don't have to spend any more money on full-backs (not that I see any genuine targets).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.