It's quiet... summer 2018.

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by york away to this!, 1 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easy

Easy

A ok... yea Bailey would be benched in a big game and imagine the comments from his agent after. Would be shocked if this happened. Highly doubt he’s even a serious target.

2. OB1

OB1

True.

3. waspish

waspish

That will do me.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. OB1

OB1

I disagree. I count Delph as a left back now; certainly in the context of a Pep team. I think his place in our squad is now as a LB that can provide cover in midfield. He and Mendy make a great pair of options for Pep at LB: one to go inside and one to go outside.

As Tolmie pointed out, Delph is now a proven champion, playing LB. Can he stay fit is the biggest issue but he is likely to be second choice and with other players who can cover, we can probably afford to devote funds to to other positions in the team this summer. I'd rather throw every last penny (remaining in the budget) at Chelsea and prize Hazard away from them than (e.g.) buy Bertrand.

5. BJL_City

BJL_City

which is why I'd like us to keep Angelino, allows him to develop playing a certain number of games, doesn't overwork Mendy, gives us the LWB option and he can outside really well. Him and Maffeo should be given a year here in the Zinchenko kind of role, and if they can oust Delph or Danilo they stay, if not they can move on, but give them a shot for a year in a free spot and give ourselves an extra option.

6. Martin*

Martin*

Confident they don't have the 500mil that four would cost.

7. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

I am confident they are on long lucrative contracts and don't want to leave..............MUEN has to stir things up though don't they?

8. BlueDeadHead

BlueDeadHead

huh?

9. BlueDeadHead

BlueDeadHead

Agreed. Only one shows up when it counts.

10. BlueDeadHead

BlueDeadHead

8 in 32

9 in 29

It can't be down to the difference in team now could it? Christ you are tedious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.