It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't find it now but he called him rubbish and said we'd win nothing with him in the team when we wouldn't discuss a new deal for Yaya. He's also personally attacked Txiki and Pep on a number of occasions including attacking basically every player signed from 13/14 onwards by saying Txiki had wasted millions on players that were all terrible, or something along those lines.

Agree about Bailey's agent, the man is a piece of shit and would be even worse here than at Leverkusen imo as Bailey wouldn't be able to dislodge the 3 players we already have.

A ok... yea Bailey would be benched in a big game and imagine the comments from his agent after. Would be shocked if this happened. Highly doubt he’s even a serious target.

only 1 of which is actually a LB.

I disagree. I count Delph as a left back now; certainly in the context of a Pep team. I think his place in our squad is now as a LB that can provide cover in midfield. He and Mendy make a great pair of options for Pep at LB: one to go inside and one to go outside.

As Tolmie pointed out, Delph is now a proven champion, playing LB. Can he stay fit is the biggest issue but he is likely to be second choice and with other players who can cover, we can probably afford to devote funds to to other positions in the team this summer. I'd rather throw every last penny (remaining in the budget) at Chelsea and prize Hazard away from them than (e.g.) buy Bertrand.

I disagree. I count Delph as a left back now; certainly in the context of a Pep team. I think his place in our squad is now as a LB that can provide cover in midfield. He and Mendy make a great pair of options for Pep at LB: one to go inside and one to go outside.

As Tolmie pointed out, Delph is now a proven champion, playing LB. Can he stay fit is the biggest issue but he is likely to be second choice and with other players who can cover, we can probably afford to devote funds to to other positions in the team this summer. I'd rather throw every last penny (remaining in the budget) at Chelsea and prize Hazard away from them than (e.g.) buy Bertrand.

which is why I'd like us to keep Angelino, allows him to develop playing a certain number of games, doesn't overwork Mendy, gives us the LWB option and he can outside really well. Him and Maffeo should be given a year here in the Zinchenko kind of role, and if they can oust Delph or Danilo they stay, if not they can move on, but give them a shot for a year in a free spot and give ourselves an extra option.

MUEN at it again - spreading sedition at the behest of the swamp - have we had a successful season then? Something is rattling them -

Real Madrid are considering moves for four Manchester City players - forwards Leroy Sane, 22, and Raheem Sterling, 23, playmaker Kevin de Bruyne, 26, and defender John Stones, 23. (Manchester Evening News)
Confident they don't have the 500mil that four would cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.