It's quiet... summer 2018.

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by york away to this!, 1 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domalino

domalino

I'm not sure Angelino would like to go from starting 35 games a season, playing 90 minutes in every single game NAC have played, to starting 10 games a season like Zinchenko did - and that was with Mendy out the entire season.

Same applies for Maffeo, except he's got even bigger clubs after him.

Also Why would Mendy be overworked? He shares the role with Delph, no reason to overplay him.

2. BJL_City

BJL_City

they do different roles in the same position, so unless we want to play the Delph way for half a season then Mendy will be overworked, especially because Mendy can't be trusted to not making injury inducing silly tackles. Plus, Delph could split his cover between midfield and full-back, meaning Angelino could have more of Delph's left-back games, and Delph could say take the work load more off Fernandinho (depending on who we buy), I think Angelino could easily get plenty of games, as could Maffeo.

3. domalino

domalino

Ah OK, I see you're just being a clown.

4. dhruvblue

dhruvblue

I mean which team has 3/4 LB options??
    I think Angelino's time is up sadly.
    Mendy will be 1st choice/Delph will be 2nf choice and maybe Zinchenko says

5. blueparrot

blueparrot

Zinchenko will go I'm pretty sure of that. I don't know, at 21 Angelino and Maffeo could be given a season to force their way past Danilo and Delph. They both have age on their side if they want to give it a go for a season. I think there would be no harm having a more like for like back up for Mendy.

6. BJL_City

BJL_City

just telling as it is, as proven in the Palace game.

7. dhruvblue

dhruvblue

They can force their way but I guess what will happen is we will sell them.
    Angelino is in danger zone definitely.
    As for Maffeo, I think one more season on loan for him maybe this time In Pal of possible and then maybe we see what happens with Danilo and him

8. Homar

Homar

Looks slow for an attacker to me. Have you ever seen him sprint past a defender or be able to keep his distance from a defender making a recovery run? He always seems to cut back and look for options to make the pass. I'd love to see some statistics on his average sprint speed (and how they compare to Sane, Sterling and Bernardo) if anyone has them.

9. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

The problem with Zinchenko is that he has turned 21 and would require one 'foreign' squad spot.
    As for Maffeo, his current contract expires in 2019, which makes another loan unlikely. Unless he signs an extension, of course.

10. OB1

OB1

Hmmm!

He didn't need to make that tackle but the fact it ended up in an ACL injury was an unfortunate coincidence and could just as easily have happened when he was making an essential tackle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.