It's quiet... summer 2018.

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by york away to this!, 1 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahoyle77

ahoyle77

Bernardo is another one that can play centrally, albeit completely differently than Sterling or Sane. I like him in that False 9 role though, suits his strengths in a lot of ways.

2. Yes he's done pretty well there when used.

If we bring in a superstar like Hazard for huge money he must surely be 1st choice above all of these blokes in whatever position he is used rather than sharing positions like they are doing currently.

3. Easy

Easy

4. BJL_City

BJL_City

is Jesus 2nd choice, is Bernardo 2nd choice, Gundogan? Or are they all here under the guise of having the opportunity to compete for a starting spot in the champions side?

If it were up to me and offering them, I'd point to Delph and Zin and go "well, if these guys can play a key role in a title winning side out of position, why can't you challenge in your own spot?".

If they wanted to leave fine, but that wasn't part of my premise, it was merely what I would like to try and do if I had a say. I don't, so they'll probably leave and ho-hum. Can put my idea across though.

5. Cathie 29

Cathie 29

Is there a 1st choice player in the squad? Train hard with Pep & his team, listen to Pep, and all players who do this will get game time.

6. OB1

OB1

Hazard would make us a better squad and team. We shouldn't even be thinking of not buying someone because they would become first choice.

And Hazard can play anywhere across the front line and could also play in Merlin or KDB's positions so he would bring plenty of options for sharing of positions.

Adding Hazard would increase or chances of doing a treble / winning the UCL.

The chances of getting Chelsea to sell him to us at a price we would pay are slim though but I think he'd love to play for Pep and I think that would see the back of a lot of his so-called attitude problems.

7. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

The top and bottom of it is, if Hazard is obtainable you get him.

world class.

Imo he would be an absolute beast in the Messi position as well as his usual wide position.

8. I don't think it's nailed on that he would make us a better team tbh. He might create plenty and score plenty himself, but leave holes in the team elsewhere, which others have to cover. Or he might be just like he was last season, hit and miss.

Aguero/Jesus are better goalscorers & Sterling/Sane do a much better alround job as part of our team than Hazard has done, most seasons in Chelseas team imo.

There is no denying he's a great player. but I'm not sure Belgium would be much worse, if you dropped him for Leroy Sane.

9. There would be if we signed Hazard.

10. JimmyGrimble10

JimmyGrimble10

Any chance of Angelino returning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.