It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My summer is complete. I just saw arsenal is appointing Emery so we’ve kept Mikel and signed Pep to an extension. After that I completely trust the club with signings. Relaxation from here on out.

I am talking about a technically gifted target man. Someone that can do the pass and move stuff like jesus but can be on the end of a whipped in delivery aerially as well as on the ground. It is another string to our bow. Agree Pep is unlikely to but I think we should consider it. It works in England. Look at Dzeko and Giroud's goals from the bench.

Who would you say out there matches those criteria though?

Hazard would improve the team and it would probably be great for Sané and Sterling to learn a few things from him, more so than any other options we've been linked with because he's operated at an elite level for years now where others haven't yet.

Having said that just because we want him it doesn't mean we'll get him, Chelsea aren't stupid they see the gap between us and them this season and him going to City or any other rival for that matter could be disastrous for them domestically. Then there's the wages he would command but if he did want to come to City he should already know we pay more than fairly but we don't get silly with it, the extra has to be earned in bonuses by proving his mettle for the team.

If the price is too high or he makes silly wage demands that will upset the harmony we've worked so hard to create then we walk. I think a lot of people are assuming this is already the case without anything to back it up yet. It wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be the case but it could be that he wants to be a part of this squad and will be sensible about what it will take to make that happen and stay here.

If we do end up going with Mahrez there's plenty of positives to look at, firstly Leicester want to sell now and they know he wants to come to City so I don't think they will take the piss and accept a fair offer this time. I also don't think Mahrez will make too many demands in wages, playing time(ensuring our young forwards progress nicely with plenty of playing time) or any other special demands Pep places on him. Perhaps what's also overlooked is that he(along with Jorginho) will be a lot more rested when the preseason rolls around with no World Cup football to play.

Last edited:
Chelsea will not sell Hazard to City imo, can not see it happening. Also the whole package transfer fee/wages may put us off. Great player but his attitude and application can sometimes be questionable.

I reckon as far as Hazard is concerned, we will do our due diligence. Kompany and KDB must know him as well as anyone. I don't doubt that IF we buy him, he'll fit in. We'd not be buying him otherwise.

I am talking about a technically gifted target man. Someone that can do the pass and move stuff like jesus but can be on the end of a whipped in delivery aerially as well as on the ground. It is another string to our bow. Agree Pep is unlikely to but I think we should consider it. It works in England. Look at Dzeko and Giroud's goals from the bench.

It’s more about Europe now though

We have sussed it at home just need final push in CL and can’t see that being a target man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.