It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep does not like the journalist Jose and much less for the media that works. Instead, Sam gets along with the trusted Spanish journalist who "hired" Pep.

They did, but the away 0-3 loss wasn't caused by the refs (albeit the fair score would be 1-2). Zero shots on target point to some issue, ignoring it without any analysis just doesn't make any sense. I don't know why you're so sure that City would outplay the likes of Bayern and Real Madrid who have arguably stronger and more experienced squads than Liverpool, it's far from guaranteed. What I'm trying to say is that Pep's coaching masks weak points of the squad. Mourinho would be moaning about the lack of quality having the same set of players.

Besides, it's a transfer forum, we discuss squad improvement here, not the refereeing issue - and I'm not denying that this problem exists in the CL.
I think the point is that when we play the top clubs in Europe (which includes Liverpool on their day, they just lose to the likes of Swansea and Burnley the following game) we can compete but those refereeing decisions which don't matter too much (Bournemouth, Newcastle, Spurs etc etc) suddenly do matter. We need to progress to the point where dodgy refereeing doesn't matter in the chumps league either because we are above it. This is very very difficult but not impossible.

But I agree. This is the transfer forum ;-)

Also, anyone else wonders why Pep's stocking up on 3 left footed wingers in Bernardo, Mahrez, Sane and has only 1 right footed winger in Sterling? Bit odd that!

Don't think Bernardo is destined to be a winger for us. He's done very well there but the attack always looks one sided when he does in a way it didn't when he played on the right in Monaco's system. Think he will end up in Merlin's role no matter how many times I'm told he has never played there before.

They did, but the away 0-3 loss wasn't caused by the refs (albeit the fair score would be 1-2). Zero shots on target point to some issue, ignoring it without any analysis just doesn't make any sense. I don't know why you're so sure that City would outplay the likes of Bayern and Real Madrid who have arguably stronger and more experienced squads than Liverpool, it's far from guaranteed. What I'm trying to say is that Pep's coaching masks weak points of the squad. Mourinho would be moaning about the lack of quality having the same set of players.

Besides, it's a transfer forum, we discuss squad improvement here, not the refereeing issue - and I'm not denying that this problem exists in the CL.
We could have had the best eleven players that had ever played on the pitch vs Liverpool and we still would have lost.
I have no issue with you guys discussing transfers to your heart's content but don't please make out we lost that game due to a lack of quality that can be righted by a Mahrez or a Jorginho, you're the ones deluded for thinking so .

I think it’s possible Jorginho might have helped. They pressed us into mistakes and capitalized. I don’t know if Jorginho would have been better than what we had but it’s probably not crazy to think he could be a difference maker in that fixture

If the transfers in are Jorg and Mahrez our starting squad for the new season should look like this.

Defence

Ed
Bravo
Walker
Danilo
Kompany
Laporte
Stones
Otamendi
Mendy
Delph

10 players for 5 positions

Attack

Fernandhino
Jorghino
Silva
Bernardo
Gundogan
Sterling
Sane
Mahrez
Aguero
Jesus
KDB

A total of 11 players for 6 positions, added to the squad Foden and Diaz and maybe Nmecha and Tosin re defence

If my sums are correct the above has 17 foreign sports 4 Home grown and of course the academy trained players. Zinchenko, Roberts as part of the deals for Jorghino and Mahrez. If the papers are correct over the values of Mahrez and Jorghino we could look at the prospect of an outlay of 150m. Offeset are the sales which depending on what we can get I suspect will amount to something like 50m.

Last edited:
If the transfers in are Jorg and Mahrez our starting squad for the new season should look like this.

Defence

Ed
Bravo
Walker
Nolito
Kompany
Laporte
Stones
Otamendi
Mendy
Delph

10 players for 5 positions

Attack

Fernandhino
Jorghino
Silva
Bernardo
Gundogan
Sterling
Sane
Mahrez
Aguero
Jesus
KDB

A total of 11 players for 6 positions, added to the squad Foden and Diaz and maybe Nmecha and Tosin re defence

If my sums are correct the above has 17 foreign sports 4 Home grown and of course the academy trained players. Zinchenko, Roberts as part of the deals for Jorghino and Mahrez. If the papers are correct over the values of Mahrez and Jorghino we could look at the prospect of an outlay of 150m. Offeset are the sales which depending on what we can get I suspect will amount to something like 50m.

Thought Nolito had left ;-)

Predictable this. Since Jose arrived out of nowhere, and he clearly arrived with an 'in' from Aguero's camp, its been a load of kids basically bigging up Jose and slagging off Sam on twitter all the time. Comparing the two, cos that's what kids do... and when Sam was pretty popular last summer, then it was only gonna happen that it'd end up like this. There's been a few subtle indirect digs at each other (no idea who started it tbh) and it's got a bit messy.

I think both of them really need to take a step back and realise its twitter... its literally a playground. Don't take it seriously.

Or concentrate on their actual jobs!

What happened to that Paul Clemman guy, he was brilliant?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.