It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that insight from Henry about Pep setting his task to bring the team to the final third of the pitch and the team's task to finish with a goal is still true, I wonder how much Peps tactics were questionable against Liverpool considering the struggles we had in getting out of our own or the middle third.

Jorginho will help in that with his better passing range and comfort on the ball, but I'm still unsure to what extent it'll solve that problem if it's indeed a system wide issue rather than because of an individual or two.

Ben Foster to City as Number 2 is a whisper I'd heard
Can’t see this one happening at all ! All my family are big WBA fans , Foster more committed to the area he lives rather that a club as such . He was the first player to come out and say he was stopping at WBA . He has declined England call ups in the past as he really is more of a family man . 100% staying in midlands

Assuming that insight from Henry about Pep setting his task to bring the team to the final third of the pitch and the team's task to finish with a goal is still true, I wonder how much Peps tactics were questionable against Liverpool considering the struggles we had in getting out of our own or the middle third.

Jorginho will help in that with his better passing range and comfort on the ball, but I'm still unsure to what extent it'll solve that problem if it's indeed a system wide issue rather than because of an individual or two.
Of course it's not true, City use lots of predetermined moves and small combinations in the final third to solve tactical 'mini-riddles'. The team evolves every month in this respect!

Perhaps it was true during Pep's first season at Barca, that team was quite rigid, guess Pep decided to focus on other aspects (namely, pressing routines) at that time. Barca have reached the peak of its attacking fluidity prior to Pep's exit and could evolve further had he stayed. But Henry didn't take part in it as he left after 2 seasons with Guardiola.

I don't know why Henry said that, but it holds zero relevance to the current City team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.