It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have worked out what FC means.

Ric and a selection of moderators and regular contributors wanted to grade the skills of potential new signings. They decided to the best way to do this was to grade the combined skills of the Futcher brothers using the same algorithms as the FIFA genre for game consoles.

FC no change means Futcher Comparison no change i.e. Messi can still do it in the Premier League.

I can't see how the current standoff will transition to the point where Messi actually leaves Barca. I know it's possible, but I'm just unable to imagine what the moment is when everything just clicks.

1. If Messi could actually leave on a free, he would've left by now.
2. If Messi could leave on free, but wanted City to compensate Barca for old times' sake, he could still hop on a plane and Barca would've no other option than to quit the bluffing game and accept whatever fee they get.

Since neither of the above two things have happened, it seems to me that it's not as straightforward as imagined and both sides stand to lose something.

Maybe Messi knows that the contract is not as clear cut as made out. Barca will probably sue him if he leaves the club and maybe he feels that there's a chance, however low that Barca wins. Too much risk. Or maybe he doesn't want to kill whatever goodwill he has left at the club by dragging this shitshow into a court. I think a lot of hate people Barto and support Messi right now, but if this thing gets to a court, maybe there's a fear that he ends up on the losing side of history. At the end of the day, as much as people love Messi, Barca supporters/staff/players love the club more.

And if that truly is the case, then I don't know what he can do to force the club to sell him. Because right now, to me it seems that Barto knows that he's finished anyway so he would rather drag Messi down with him than concede defeat. His tenure is over next year. He'll sell half the players, settle the debts, the club will go to shit, but at least he won't be facing any financial penalties and most importantly, he will have had his little victory by forcing Messi to spend another year at a club where he is doomed to not win anything.

To me, this isn't a matter of intention because it's clear that Messi really does want to leave. This is about how far either side is willing to go, how much are they willing to risk. Barto can't lose because he has nothing left to lose. Messi has everything to lose.

This is a good analysis but one important thing that we need to analyse is what position will the next president hold. If this goes to the courts then it’s likely to take a whole year to be solved and within that time a new president will come in. If Barca have really gone to war with Messi will the next president continue that or aim to find an amicable solution?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Messi’s people aren’t having quiet conversations with the president-elect to sound him out. The favourite has already publicly spoken about Messi joining us and how his time at Barca might be over. That indicates to me he has a much softer approach than Burt in power now.

Don’t rule out a scenario where Barca sue Messi and six months down the line a new president Is elected and withdrawals the lawsuit.

Barca have nothing to gain from suing their best ever player! They’ll want messi to be an ambassador and personality for the clubs for decades to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.