It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Khaldoon is correct, we were interested in more players and we have been unable to make deals for them.
2. All the journalists can say whatever they like, we may want players, it does not mean we will sign them, and we haven't had any credible links to anyone other than KK and Messi for a long time.
3. City do not keep their cards close to their chests with transfers. Everyone in the world knows we are after KK and even just looking at Ake and Ferran we were linked before hand. Almost always we sign players after several weeks of protracted negotiations being reported in the press. The idea that we keep our cards close to our chests is a complete myth.
4. Man Utd are irrelevant (seriously this is like saying Crystal Palace have made three signings) and Liverpool don't need to sign anyone. They finished 6 full games ahead of us, their transfer business does not matter.
5. We may have a month, but teams are always more reluctant to sell once the season is underway. Players having to isolate for 14 days on arrival will also likely complicate medicals.
6. Wait until the transfer window is shut before sulking. I am not sulking, merely presenting the facts as they appear to me.
7. Do you really think Pep will go into the new season completely exposed like this with the same issues as last season? Yes, yes I do. Pep has gone into every single season he has been at the club with some kind of chronic issue facing the squad. In his first season it was all the dead wood. In his second it was only having one left back. In his third it was not having backup at LB or at DM and last season it was not replacing Kompany (and still not having a single reputable left back). He has been able to mitigate this through his genius and our rivals frankly not being up to the challenge but he was not able to last season and has never been able to compensate for these squad holes in Europe. Maybe if you'd had an account for longer than 5 minutes you would remember this is what it is like every summer.

1. It is the 6th September. Our first league game is on 21st September. Why not wait until a few weeks from now to judge?

2. Was there really any credible links with Utd for Donny Van De Beek? Seemed to happen really quickly. Not remember Bernardo Silva transfer?

3. We were linked with Ferran Torres and Nathan Ake a couple of weeks before they signed. The Messi saga has dictated our whole window IMO. Now we know he is not coming, there will be more of an urgency to get deals done.

4. Man Utd aren't irrelevant at all, they are quickly improving and i am sure their fans aren't happy, just the same as some of ours. After all, the expectation is on them to make ground on us and Liverpool.

5. I am sure if the price is right, players will be sold. As i said, give it another couple of weeks then you can come back to me.

6. As i said, lets wait and see.

7. Pep's 2nd season, we went out and bought exactly what he needed. A LB, a RB, a new GK and an attacking midfielder. We won the league at a canter because of it. Teams tend to become more relaxed once they win a premier league and the season after we only bought Riyad Mahrez, again... we won the league and completed domestic treble. We then off the back of 2 back to back titles, we only bought Cancelo, Rodri and Angelino. Did we need a CB to replace Kompany... yes we did. Did it cost us the league and potentially the CL, yes it did. Do you really think Pep will allow this team to walk into the new season without another high profile CB?

Look at our squad depth in comparison to Liverpool. They get an injury to Van Dijk, they are doomed. Thet get an injury to Mane or Salah, it will massively affect them. They get an injury to Trent, they have an unproven young kid at the back to step in. We need to stop being so spoilt, we have almost a second team of quality players. Yes, we need to strengthen at LB, CB and possibly in CM or up front, but don't all clubs need to strengthen in various areas too? There is no such thing as a perfect squad.

I trust the club and i don't think we will take the risk. I think eventually we will pay up for Koulibaly and we will at least bring in one more player after that, whether that is Aouar, a LB or a forward player. Just have some faith.

You have hopes for messi even now!?? I would rather city go for haland next season. Sign LB like gaya and koulibaly that will be a good transfer window for this season
Better chance for Messi considering be wants to play here.

Better chance for Messi considering be wants to play here.
Messi this season or the next season? Because this season messi has exhausted his card. He is staying unless city convinces barca management somehow with a deal. Next season meaning Jan pre contract. That's 3-4 months away . Someone is going to change his mind. Lol. His friends Xavi and all.

Sounds like our transfer business is concluded.

Messi has decided to stay at Barca and no doubt will pop his dummy back in as soon as they go on a winning spree under Koeman.

ADL wants 300 million euros, the hope diamond and a reach around for KK which is never going to happen, and we don't seem to have any alternatives at all.

Not even a whiff of a link to any LBs or DMs.

Not managed to shift any of our dead wood, and nothing seemingly in the pipeline either.

Frankly a pretty underwhelming summer with pretty much the same glaring holes in our squad as at the start.
Frankly a pretty underwhelming post.
You clearly have no idea how we do business.

After reading messi's interview again, its so clear that he doesn't see great times any time soon at barcelona, especially with koeman in charge, and he wants to experience a new challenge/success desperately before he retires, but barca are holding him hostage until his contract clearly sets him free, I'm with tolmie on this one, this isn't over, and i can see city coming in with a BIG offer before the window shuts, or at the very least in January.

I have not seen more than 2-3 games of Haaland but then I feel most on here have not. I swear sometimes people suggest players purely without even watching more than a few games of the said player. Just because he is scoring at Dortmund does not guarantee goals here. We play a different style and need players based on that style rather than buying like the Rags (Di Maria, Sanchez, Falcao), who arrive because of past reputations/season. I had rather us buy a player fitting into our system which means putting direct trust into Pep and Txiki. Only Pep knows how he wants to play and the players that fir that system. Ofcourse exceptions will need to be made when someone of the likes of Messi, Neymar (antics aside) and Mbappe are available. However, Haaland still has a lot more to prove than being anywhere near that.

I have not seen more than 2-3 games of Haaland but then I feel most on here have not. I swear sometimes people suggest players purely without even watching more than a few games of the said player. Just because he is scoring at Dortmund does not guarantee goals here. We play a different style and need players based on that style rather than buying like the Rags (Di Maria, Sanchez, Falcao), who arrive because of past reputations/season. I had rather us buy a player fitting into our system which means putting direct trust into Pep and Txiki. Only Pep knows how he wants to play and the players that fir that system. Ofcourse exceptions will need to be made when someone of the likes of Messi, Neymar (antics aside) and Mbappe are available. However, Haaland still has a lot more to prove than being anywhere near that.

He's not that type of player tbh, he's a goalscorer.

And he looks born for that job.

We don't have anything like him, so he'd be great signing imo, but he will cost too much by the time we take any interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.