It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because the club we want the players from doesn't want to sell? / wants too much money? People think it's really easy to just sign people and that it should be done at the click of the fingers.
So if the club's don't want to sell and want too much money do we not have alternatives? Do the people running our clib not think about this in the planning of transfers?
It feels rushed and unprepared to me

Maybe because the club we want the players from doesn't want to sell? / wants too much money? People think it's really easy to just sign people and that it should be done at the click of the fingers.

Chelsea seem to have had no problems getting their targets in early. Better negotiators at both buying new recruits at their chosen price and selling unwanted players at a profit.
CTID

Well Ake and Torres are good bench players but they wont be first choice. They will need time to adapt to our play which will be a bit slower if they dont get regular games.
I dont expect Pep to put Sterling or Mahrez regularly on the bench in favour of Torres.
We had Sane out last season which simply gave much more game time for wide position players.

I do think we need someone quick in CM/DM, great passer with huge energy, speed , someone that can help the defence and can help off the ball.
Gundogan only has "the great passer" of these skills.
While Rodri is a slower/less mobile Fernandinho, if Pep want that in that position thats OK but it needs to be balanced out then in other positions and I can only see that in terms of the pressing intensity improving from AM, wide players and forwards.
Which imo will be hard for us to do with this shitshow of a pre season with zero friendlies, squad hardly being together due to late holidays and international games. For high intensity pressing you need immense physical preparation, highly doubt we had the time to do that. I am a bit worried on that front as if pressing will be like last season, not organized and not good enough our defence will struggle a lot again.

Also a top CB is much needed as Otamendi, Stones, Garcia are not the answer. Ake can help in that regard but I think people are overrating him a lot, he was a leader in a defence that shipping 60-75 goals per season. If United had signed him some here would be laughing...
We will see how solid he is once he put in a defence that plays halfway line and generally gets zero protection from rest of the team, he has speed thats a bonus, absolute bad in the air, lets see. I dont expect him to be a regular.
At this point he pretty much most hope we wont get an expensive top CB, that would give him an easier chance to be regular. But that was certainly not the plan.

We might have wasted two weeks on this Messi circus, which did not make the squad any stronger, time to speed up our transfer negotiating. We fucking had 4 months covid break to properly plan what will be needed to rejuvente this squad, if all is being done will be Ake and Torres that would be a disappointment.

“I do think we need someone quick in CM/DM, great passer with huge energy, speed , someone that can help the defence and can help off the ball.”.... someone like Grealish ?
CTID

Some on here think the players are sat on a shelf in a supermarket and all Txiki has to do is put a quid in his trolley and walk down the aisles and pick them up and proceed to checkout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.