It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Ake and Torres are good bench players but they wont be first choice. They will need time to adapt to our play which will be a bit slower if they dont get regular games.
I dont expect Pep to put Sterling or Mahrez regularly on the bench in favour of Torres.
We had Sane out last season which simply gave much more game time for wide position players.

I do think we need someone quick in CM/DM, great passer with huge energy, speed , someone that can help the defence and can help off the ball.
Gundogan only has "the great passer" of these skills.
While Rodri is a slower/less mobile Fernandinho, if Pep want that in that position thats OK but it needs to be balanced out then in other positions and I can only see that in terms of the pressing intensity improving from AM, wide players and forwards.
Which imo will be hard for us to do with this shitshow of a pre season with zero friendlies, squad hardly being together due to late holidays and international games. For high intensity pressing you need immense physical preparation, highly doubt we had the time to do that. I am a bit worried on that front as if pressing will be like last season, not organized and not good enough our defence will struggle a lot again.

Also a top CB is much needed as Otamendi, Stones, Garcia are not the answer. Ake can help in that regard but I think people are overrating him a lot, he was a leader in a defence that shipping 60-75 goals per season. If United had signed him some here would be laughing...
We will see how solid he is once he put in a defence that plays halfway line and generally gets zero protection from rest of the team, he has speed thats a bonus, absolute bad in the air, lets see. I dont expect him to be a regular.
At this point he pretty much most hope we wont get an expensive top CB, that would give him an easier chance to be regular. But that was certainly not the plan.

We might have wasted two weeks on this Messi circus, which did not make the squad any stronger, time to speed up our transfer negotiating. We fucking had 4 months covid break to properly plan what will be needed to rejuvente this squad, if all is being done will be Ake and Torres that would be a disappointment.

Where does anyone get the notion that all of our recruitment resource was locked exclusively into a possible Messi deal?
Do people think that at the first mention of Messi our people jacked in their day jobs and sat reading twitter and this forum for 2 weeks like a bunch of school kids?
All the ITK’s were saying that the possible recruitment of Messi was in addition to our plans for the window, so they will not have been put on the back burner awaiting an outcome.
People have every right to moan if they want but it would be better to stick to moaning about things that actually happened because inventing fantasy scenarios to moan about is ridiculous.

Chelsea seem to have had no problems getting their targets in early. Better negotiators at both buying new recruits at their chosen price and selling unwanted players at a profit.
CTID

Fair play to Chelsea but we ain't fucking Chelsea we work other ways and it's been proven a success more than a failure in the last 10 years.

At the start of the window TB said, in a rare interview, that it would be difficult to get people in because of a number of factors one being the economic climate caused by Covid. He particularly pointed out that we needed to sell before we could buy as we are near our quota of NHG players. City have more NHG players than almost any club in Europe.

We made two quick signings and we will see how they work out. Remember that all over our training complex it says that we don’t want a team of superstars. The cleverest signings are made by strong consideration to analytics backed up by personality profiles and old school scouting. If you have a lot of money well that certainly helps but it’s not everything.

Generally speaking the best analytics department is at Liverpool when they’re not allegedly hacking us that is! A lot of credit should go to these guys rather than just Klopp. At the lower level Brentford and AZ in the Netherlands are the best.

If we just want big name signings we will end up like United season before last. I think they’ve unfortunately learned from their errors now.

Khaldoon says we normally target players in the ages 20-25 rather than the finished article but will make the odd exception.

So it’s a complicated process not least because nobody has any idea what the market rate for a player should be.

With KK he’s obviously been identified as the best fit but then you have to deal with Napoli. There is a dearth of good centre halves world wide. Upamecano would have been my choice for the last year or so but perhaps City feel that we need more of a leader.

Not going for Timo Werner I’ll never understand. Watch him for Chelsea next season.

Anyway I digress. The main reason is getting players out. It’s a domino affect. We will have our targets lined up but we have to hope other clubs get moving and the chain doesn’t break. 4 weeks is enough and probably 2 weeks is enough once things get moving.

Oh and then there’s Messi.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.