It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on man,surely there are a couple who you'd sooner chance their arms at another club,football evolves so quickly these days,got to keep the conveyor belt moving

Yeah I can always pick a couple if I had to particularly if they were knocking on a bit but I never think “Oh my god not him playing” any more. Plus I think all players suffer from drops in form and it’s sometimes worth reminding ourselves that it normally comes back where as, in the past, there used to be around 10 players in the squad I thought were always useless!

Let’s take the 4 players currently being named as surplus. Now I’m not saying I wouldn’t choose them too just that, if they stayed, I would be OK with that.

Zinchenko: I like him. Still young full international. Midfielder who had to learn to be a full back. Not so long ago featured in a couple of matches where he was my MOTM. Made a few positional mistakes more recently and dropped. Great squad player.

Stones: The enigma. Suffers from confidence and injury problems. At his best a great player suited to our style. I think there is a chance he can regain his form and has time on his side.

Otamendi: This guy was great for us. A Centurion. He’s started to dive in again instead of standing up and plays so little that when he comes in he can be rusty. Age not on his side. Can see him going and doing a great job in a side that plays him more.

Gundo: Currently the fans favourite whipping boy now that Mahrez has improved. He was great for us and put up impressive analytics. For some reason he doesn’t seem to be putting in a shift. A clever player who still looks great for Germany.

Point is they all have their troubles but I don’t look at them and think I wish we had never bought them...and that’s a thing I’ve never really had over the years.

Rather like bog roll in my house in March this year. It was my job to replace it. Went to the Supermarkets and the shelves were empty. Went to a local shop and they had one pack of Andrex priced at £10 and some cheapo 1 ply stuff that I didn't think was good enough. I said that Andrex is a bit on the pricy side. Owner smiled and said well make me an offer and we can talk....

Having said all that on my previous post I’d still like it if we created room to sign;

Upamecano
Ndidi

And a player that caught my eye recently called Messi.

Before the Messi stuff I REALLY wanted Werner and it looks like we tried but he had his heart set on Chelsea so we can’t have everyone.

Sancho situation still winds me up and it will be worse if he goes to United.

Last edited:
We have revenues of £600m. We did the domestic treble with Kompany 18months ago and the management's job was to replace him. They haven't.
If life were that simple eh. You failed to answer the question though, which maybe is because your starting to see it was maybe not your smartest quote, or very poorly worded

We have revenues of £600m. We did the domestic treble with Kompany 18months ago and the management's job was to replace him. They haven't.

Given that he didn't play that much in the last 3 seasons with us I would argue that his influence was perhaps felt more off the pitch than on it. That presence around the club is a much more difficult thing to replace and its possible that Pep and the management were expecting one or two of the senior players to step up in leadership terms.
I don't think you replace players like Vinnie in the same way as we never replaced Colin Bell, they are just the perfect fit for the club at the perfect time. Not saying we don't need another defender but he won't replace Vincent Kompany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.