It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a poor selling club because we only try to sell players who aren't good enough for us but are on wages that lower class teams can't afford.

If we decided to sell KDB or Sterling we would get huge money.
I am not talking about selling our top stars but players like Mendy, Otto, Stones, Zinchenko, Gundo(?) because of their contracts few clubs can afford them and the top clubs who could equal their contracts don't want them.

Loyalty is hugely important but we are having problems replacing the spine of the team which has served us wonderfuly for the last 10 years.
Kompany, Silva, Fernandinho and Aguero have not of need replacing.
In all cases do far we have replaced those players with lesser players, that's an issue.
Kompany as a player and just as importantly as a leader has been an enormous loss, the same with Fern, he was a huge player for us.
Aguero is coming to the end of his career with us, replacing him with a world class striker is a must.
Think we are a centre back ,which we'll get, from winning the title, we'll replace Aguero next summer and have a younger team ready for the next few years. I'm confident I'm right and the bluemoon flappers and experts wrong because the people that made us the best run and most successful team of the last 8 years are still in charge and haven't forgotten everything they know and have learnt over the years.

So dippers agreed deal for Thiago.... We didn't really need him, but it makes them stronger.... While we wait for a WC CB

Fuck sakes. That’s one deal I didn’t want to happen. They basically get the final piece of their puzzle, their own version of De Bruyne. And for what fucking money? 27m?!

It’ll be a long and painful season if we don’t sign KK soon.

So to sum up our window:
- Downgrade at winger (Sane is better than Torres no matter how hyped we want to be)
- Upgrade at CB (Ake > Otamendi)
- Downgrade at CM (Losing David, even while not having his best season he was still one of our key guys)

All this while our rivals keep improving. Of course you never know how transfers turn out but it sure isn't looking good at the moment.

Negredo wasn’t a bad buy, he was a great buy. My memory of the beast was that he was a goal scoring sensation until he got that shoulder injury. He wasn’t the same after that but he was worth every penny and more when we bought him IMO.
I wasn't saying he was a bad buy but by the end as you say he was not the same player and his career since has nosedived so we did well to sell him for a decent fee despite his injury problems etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.