It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the best manager in the world, play the best football and have won something like ten of the last 14 available trophies domestically. Plus we've just told a corrupt G14-backed UEFA to fuck off in court and won. I believe we have every right to want and expect the club to be interested in the very best players that could be available.
We very rarely, if ever, sign the finished article. We buy players with the intention of developing and improving them, we do not sign the very best players or what could be defined as players hyped in the media because they don't represent value for money.

Even Fernandinho (the oldest outfield signing in recent years at 28) was bought with the intention of turning him from a well respected attacking midfielder into the best defensive midfielder we've ever seen, certainly in England, in my opinion.

It doesn't always work out but that's the intention. To expect us after all the success you've mentioned to change that transfer philosophy is wishful thinking. You might get the very odd exception (e.g. Koulibaly) but I personally don't think even that will happen unless Napoli significantly reduce the current asking price and he represents better value for money.

Ferran is having the first part of his medical tonight in Barcelona with our docs.

Second part is tomorrow morning and expect announcement to follow later on.

Chelsea have not put in their matching option for Ake and all looks good, he's on holiday until later next week and then things will move quickly.

We've got three more to follow :)

Ferran is having the first part of his medical tonight in Barcelona with our docs.

Chelsea have not put in their matching option for Ake and all looks good, he's on holiday until later next week and then things will move quickly.

Three more! Big window. One more CB at least and... Hm?

Do you know about anyone leaving?

I'm guessing that doesn't include you supersecret not-sure-who-it-might-be big one?

So it's probably Aouar, Aït-Nouri the French LB and the big CB, probably Koulibaly, and we're just waiting for Napoli to officially be out of the CL to get that going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.