It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a diving playboy, decent but over rated, and about as grounded as you will be if you don’t get your homework done. In his favour is his ability, against him is -
Fee
Wages
Diving
Attitude
Impact on the team ethic due to all of above

Get over it and get back to FIFA. If he signs for us I will buy you the biggest box of smarties out there, AND you can have a picture of Neymar as that seems quite important to you
You are going off on a tangent. I specifically said that we wouldn’t sign him (or any other PSG player) for political reasons above all. I have never said that we would sign him.

What I said is that he is one of the top 5 players in the world and then you started rambling on about diving. Name 5 players better in world football than Neymar. There aren’t. Denying the guy’s ability just makes you look like a sad bitter old man.

That's not how it works. We have to build our squad to the CL rules, not just the PL rules.

We can only have 4 HG players who aren't from the academy. Currently that is Walker, Stones, Sterling + Aké.

So unless we shift Stones, Grealish would take up a foreign player spot anyway. Also Ferran takes up a foreign spot because he's not been here 2 years.

Spot on.
But we still don't know if Carson will stay (association-trained HG). Or do we?

We don't know if maybe Steffen (USA) isn't the man due his injury and a HG keeper like Raya joins,
freeing up an additional 'foreign' spot. (-> Sterling, Walker, Aké, Raya)

Garcia leaving would be a pain, being club-trained.
Tosin would be a 1:1 replacement, but would Pep do it?
(Btw Sandler still recovering from 2 knee injuries, I think he sadly is off the bill.)
Fern could cover RCB again, for he is a bit surplus anyway and sitting on a free spot.
Signing another RCB for Garcia would definitely be 1 of our 17 free spots, ruining other plans...

Best case would be Garcia stays put
and our 4 association-trained HG would be Sterling, Walker, Aké, Raya (e.g.).

Then Stones, Ota, Zinch leaving (even on loan)
would mean 4 more free spots (replacing Bravo, Ota, Zin, David)
for something like
Koulibaly RCB
Ait-Nouri LB
Aouar AM
False 9/striker

Depending on the budget of course.

Really excited about the potential of another midfielder. Preferably someone who could play anywhere in a midfield 3. I really like Aouar, but not sure he would excel at the Rodri/Gundogan role.

You are going off on a tangent. I specifically said that we wouldn’t sign him (or any other PSG player) for political reasons above all. I have never said that we would sign him.

What I said is that he is one of the top 5 players in the world and then you started rambling on about diving. Name 5 players better in world football than Neymar. There aren’t. Denying the guy’s ability just makes you look like a sad bitter old man.
You really are a tiresome bore. I didn’t say he had no ability, I said we won’t buy him because -
1 too expensive
2 wages too high
3 he dives
4 the effect he would have on the rest of the squad

You then accused me of having some personal vendetta against him, I don’t, I just don’t see him adding any value to our squad based on the above (and more, but I really don’t have the time; just google Neymar attitude and you’ll get the idea).

Now you are TELLING me that he is one of the top 5 players in the world, as if that is fact; it’s utter garbage, there is no such measurable as “the top 5 players in the world”, that list is entirely subjective and opinion based. He MAY be in the top 5 players in the world for natural ability, but in terms of application of ability, I wouldn’t put him in the top 100. Players such as KDB, Messi, Ronaldo, VVD, Alaba, Laporte, Hazard, Lewandoski, D Silva, Sterling, Kane, Aubameyang, Mane, Salah, Aguero and many more would be in any team of mine before Neymar, because in every case IN MY OPINION they all apply themselves much more. That’s my opinion, and it makes me neither sad nor bitter. I am however old, but then at least my user name is based on irony rather than last years Christmas present.

You really are a tiresome bore. I didn’t say he had no ability, I said we won’t buy him because -
1 too expensive
2 wages too high
3 he dives
4 the effect he would have on the rest of the squad

You then accused me of having some personal vendetta against him, I don’t, I just don’t see him adding any value to our squad based on the above (and more, but I really don’t have the time; just google Neymar attitude and you’ll get the idea).

Now you are TELLING me that he is one of the top 5 players in the world, as if that is fact; it’s utter garbage, there is no such measurable as “the top 5 players in the world”, that list is entirely subjective and opinion based. He MAY be in the top 5 players in the world for natural ability, but in terms of application of ability, I wouldn’t put him in the top 100. Players such as KDB, Messi, Ronaldo, VVD, Alaba, Laporte, Hazard, Lewandoski, D Silva, Sterling, Kane, Aubameyang, Mane, Salah, Aguero and many more would be in any team of mine before Neymar, because in every case IN MY OPINION they all apply themselves much more. That’s my opinion, and it makes me neither sad nor bitter. I am however old, but then at least my user name is based on irony rather than last years Christmas present.

Your username offends me - I’m not going through those pissing sit ins on the kippax again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.