It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If City sign Messi suddenly City get 1 billion extra fans. the commercial opportunties would be huge, and of course City have global investors with Chinese and US capital invested in City.

I am a little sceptical about the footballing possibilities but commercially it would be a bonanza.

Twice the player now David was in his pomp. Please don’t worry about the football side Marvin.

If City sign Messi suddenly City get 1 billion extra fans. the commercial opportunties would be huge, and of course City have global investors with Chinese and US capital invested in City.

I am a little sceptical about the footballing possibilities but commercially it would be a bonanza.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the footballing side Marv. Teams will try to put 2/3 players on him whenever he’s near the ball (not that I imagine that will bother him) and we certainly have the players to exploit that. Mind you, can you imagine him one on one with slabhead?

I agree, I posted yesterday I was out with the family and the amount of Barça/Messi shirts I noticed on kids was crazy. Never paid any attention prior but as my daughter was running around I noticed the new shirt on a lot of kids. These are future fans of the club, they’ll follow the player rather than the team and they’ll generate income. My mates lad is Ronaldo mad so buys kits every year.. People are daft if they don’t think we can afford this deal. I’ve even seen Barça fans say they’ll support him in blue and buy a shirt! We won’t always generate new fans but they’ll follow Messi because it’s Messi, people will want to come and see him play too. It’s crazy.
I'm.not sure they are our future fans, they'll just follow the latest superstar it just happens to be Messi at the moment.

I'm.not sure they are our future fans, they'll just follow the latest superstar it just happens to be Messi at the moment.

That’s what I said, they’ll follow the player not the team but they’ll buy our shirt with his name so that’s money in the bank. But we will attract fans from all over the world, the Chinese route for the best and have zero loyalty with football overseas. Liverpool gained a load last season but if Messi sign they’ll all jump ship again to City. Same with Africa, India etc, these countries want to associate with the best players.

That’s what I said, they’ll follow the player not the team but they’ll buy our shirt with his name so that’s money in the bank. But we will attract fans from all over the world, the Chinese route for the best and have zero loyalty with football overseas. Liverpool gained a load last season but if Messi sign they’ll all jump ship again to City. Same with Africa, India etc, these countries want to associate with the best players.
Surely you're not talking about Miss BumBum?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.