It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If money is the sole motivating factor why is he on strike?

It isn’t - the money being talked about is like the difference between you and I buying Seabrooks instead of Walkers to him.

Nothing right now is about money between him and barca for his side, the other side however - yeah that’s all about the money.

This is a good analysis but one important thing that we need to analyse is what position will the next president hold. If this goes to the courts then it’s likely to take a whole year to be solved and within that time a new president will come in. If Barca have really gone to war with Messi will the next president continue that or aim to find an amicable solution?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Messi’s people aren’t having quiet conversations with the president-elect to sound him out. The favourite has already publicly spoken about Messi joining us and how his time at Barca might be over. That indicates to me he has a much softer approach than Burt in power now.

Don’t rule out a scenario where Barca sue Messi and six months down the line a new president Is elected and withdrawals the lawsuit.

Barca have nothing to gain from suing their best ever player! They’ll want messi to be an ambassador and personality for the clubs for decades to come.
Not quite sure how an ambassador role fits with Messi having a slice of cfg, unless of course Barça become just another club in the CFG

I'm going to put my balls on the stalls and say there will be news today on this. Messi camp been allowed to sleep on it. No change in heart. Goes into negotiation of how to get it done rather than overturn it.

I think we will see some movement today.
Based on hope or something more substantive?

I think Messi is wary of legal action from Barcelona so rather than trigger a free transfer he has decided to go on strike to force barcelona to the negotiation table.

It makes sense. A free transfer would involve risks of litigation. Perhaps City, PSG etc are not prepared to accept that, or maybe he is not?

I think Messi prefers the long war and intends to force barcelona to an agreed sale. barcelona is a circus at the moment. He can refuse to play, and he can organise a free transfer in January so he holds the strongest hand. I think a deal will be done but only towards the end of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.