It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe some people want to put a bid in for him. Have you no self-respect ?

Thank goodness City have maintained a dignified silence throughout. He's made his decision and, at 33, it should be his final decision, we should move on and build for a City future not try to recreate Barcelona's past.
I thought Messi was going to notify Barca he was putting a free transfer in at which point barca would fold and invite a City bid just to extract some value.

I'm thinking now that Barcelona have been put on notice that Messi is going to leave on a pre-contract negotiated in January so it makes sense that City submit a bid and see where it takes us. WHy not?

I wonder if Tolmie's source had any idea about Messi doing this interview with goal.com about him staying. This must have been done at least 1-2 days ago. Did Messi camp let City people know of this or kept us in the dark too.

Really hoped earlier that Jorge Messi arrival will make this saga go in our way, but opposite happened.

Because they are dogshit, in huge debt & need to start again.
Now have Messi, not wanting to be there & a new manager having to deal with it all.

Swales.
So how would letting him go for free have helped, other than the lower wage bill which would be covered by the commercial benefits.
The only way it's better for Barca is if they get a fee and if they do, the president can claim a victory as he stopped Messi shafting them by walking away for free

I thought Messi was going to notify Barca he was putting a free transfer in at which point barca would fold and invite a City bid just to extract some value.

I'm thinking now that Barcelona have been put on notice that Messi is going to leave on a pre-contract negotiated in January so it makes sense that City submit a bid and see where it takes us. WHy not?
This is a sound logic... if we weren't talking about Barca.

Bartomeu is the one making decisions and he doesn't give one fk what happens in 6 months or 9 months, he only cares about now and the fact Messi stays.

There is also a big chance the next president will coninvce Messi to stay with a fresh project and Barto keeping Messi will be seen as one of his few good decisions.

Another thing I was thinking about is that if Messi has been in contact with City through this with some people saying he spoke to City this morning maybe City told him that court would be the only way out and they weren't prepared to take the chance with court proceedings after the circus that CAS started. It was a PR nightmare for City so again for the sake of a few months they may have suggested waiting it out. If he knows everything is in place for him at City he then has nothing to lose by giving such a strong interview. I feel because we have watched this so carefully opinions and theories become truth and in reality none of us have a clue about the workings behind the scenes. Some of the comments and insults have been over the top when he could be working in tandem with City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.