It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean if he plays them. We lose and players like mahrez and gundo are left on bench or at home

We agree. I dont blame pep though, his legacy is/will be trophies, not giving foden (or similar) his debut

However if he manages to win trophies and drop feed kids into the team over time his legacy will be a partly homegrown winning team which is the nirvana the board are looking for long term

That's the issue , he is a top player, but he could and there is an argument he should be the best player in the world now.

Ronaldo and Messi are past their best, but Neymar has not taken the mantle.

Nothing to do with ability, he is outstanding but not got the desire week in week out.
I'd argue that playing in the French league hasn't helped him with this at all. When youre expected to walk every domestic competition every year then it can't be good desire or development.

Because he plays in a league where he is going through the motions, he can play in that league on autopilot.

He is far too good for that.

Why did he go to PSG? Money No1.
Neymar would have gone to any club other than Barça and money would have been the reason as well. Don't believe that's really a factor. I don't get why he had to go to a certain league or club to prove he wants to be the best.

This argument is on the same level as those saying 'Pep has it so easy why doesn't he coach a championship team on a tight budget then?' We know it's rubbish.

He took that chance to go PSG because if he stayed Barça he would have always been under Messi's shadow, he wanted to win Balon D'Or with a different outfit and prove he is really good on his own. Obviously, doesn't help PSG haven't quite lived up to hype and the team has suffered bad choke outs in CL, so it's just natural the blame will go towards Neymar even if he isn't part of the issue at all. The project hasn't been kind to him.

I have no problem with signing foreign young players developing them and selling for a profit. Its what keeps us ffp compliant (without having to reign back spending or wages). If you do, you’ll also need to sign the type of player a foreign team may want and often that isn’t a prem style player.

But the knock on is that the local/english lads get squeezed out at a younger age and the later developers dont get their chance.

Other than foden, none of the academy players we’ve had long term have done anything noteworthy or been sold for anything substantial. THB may change that but its a huge if.

Its easy to sign a player at 16 and finish their development and ship for a profit. But we have been extremely poor at properly developing a premier league player. Meanwhile most other top teams are creating 1 or 2 per season.

I assume its not a major target for the academy, but I’d like it to be.

It should be.

And some players are 'made' by playing first team football, early.

I find him one of the most annoying, loathesome characters personally. But not only that, the number of times he has ignored Gabriel Jesus or ruined moves for Brazil, insisting on wanting to do it all himself, has me pulling my hair out. Same watching him play for PSG v a team I don't like.

I personally hate watching him, full stop.
He hasn't had a decent coach for a while

Neymar would have gone to any club other than Barça and money would have been the reason as well. Don't believe that's really a factor. I don't get why he had to go to a certain league or club to prove he wants to be the best.

This argument is on the same level as those saying 'Pep has it so easy why doesn't he coach a championship team on a tight budget then?' We know it's rubbish.

He took that chance to go PSG because if he stayed Barça he would have always been under Messi's shadow, he wanted to win Balon D'Or with a different outfit and prove he is really good on his own. Obviously, doesn't help PSG haven't quite lived up to hype and the team has suffered bad choke outs in CL, so it's just natural the blame will go towards Neymar even if he isn't part of the issue at all. The project hasn't been kind to him.
Why under Messi's shadow?

He is 5 years younger, he now could be the new king of Barca, not playing in a second rate league.

He went for the money, he may be incredibly rich but as a footballer his talent deserves a better stage to play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.