It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the real price of us being reticent at playing youngsters in cup games and how we are reported on.
Brewster had a couple of half decent games against lesser opposition, the media say he’s the next big thing, everyone starts saying how great he will be and the price is on its way to being set at an unreasonably high level. Fair play to them really, but we’re miles behind, in that respect.
For example, Dortmund want £108m for sancho 3 years after we sold him for exactly £100m less, which might not have been the case with a bit more effort.
Could have sworn we did play youth in the cup games?

The Sancho comments just aren't worth commentating on I'm afraid.

I don't usually share this stuff, unless I'm pretty certain the person who is telling me that its reliable. Heard from an incredibly good source that Adarabioyo wants to leave. Genuinely loves City, but he feels a permanent club would be good for him now to settle into his career. Three clubs interested. Everton, West Ham & Fulham. No guarantee he'll go of course, but yeah...make of that what you want.
He hasn’t been given anything like the opportunity that Garcia had so we will never know if he was good enough. I liked the look of him with Blackburn. It’s difficult, I get that but we do seem to think paying is better than developing. Would Denayer have contributed as much as say Otamendi or Fern last season if we had given him decent opportunities?
Of course Pep may have taken a look and just not fancied him.

Would have really liked Tosin to get a chunk of gametime this season. Given the global scarcity of world class CBs letting him go untested comes as a surprise

Alaba is the best answer, fuck Jose, Diago & Koulabily

David Alaba is as good as any of them if not better & can play LB, LAW the lot
Ake, Laporte, Stones & Alaba is all we need

Fuck Koulabily been saying it for weeks now its a pisstake & to be honest City are just egging Napoli along imo

Tixi has to be saving the cash for something big imo & it ain't a CB

Sign Alaba & we are good at the bacek with Ake signed as well

Alaba wants 400k a week

Good post but ultimately speculation.

We went after Maguire and Van dyk but price was an issue and Komps changed his mind last min.

2 new signing will have a positive impact, one is a CB.

Aguero is still here so in theory we do not need to replace.

We will bring in another cb and messi is still a possibility until the window closes.

Pep will leave us in a good position to continue to challenge whether that is this year or next. The building blocks for long term success is in place.

The team is going through a period of transition from dominance under covid and FFP.

The club is run by professional individuals who will make mistakes but will also strive to keep us at the top.

FFP cannot be dismissed as it has caused us to slow down and limit our spend. Well done you corrupt wankers!

Again we sound like an entitled fan base.
Great post mate, the club is run by very focused and professional people who look after us exceptional well.

So they’re fucking about over 10m, wow.
This could be one of two things:

1. Txiki and our management refused to pay Southampton 75m for a 27-year old Van Dijk, and feel they would look stupid to match that figure two years later for a two year older defender.

2. Txiki has a personal grudge with ADL and it’s messing up this transfer big time.
I hope he’s doing what’s best for the club and not let ridiculous and personal stuff get in the way.

Diego Carlos is a brazilian Otamendi and Jose Gimenez has a worse injury-record than Kompany and Stones combined.

Koulibaly is the only suitable option for us. Fuck sakes they need to find a solution to this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.