It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Ogden we can’t afford any more players because of our escalating wage bill.
Remember only city have to worry about finances and the people in charge of our finances haven’t got a fucking clue.

You know what, I’m serious this time, I’m going back to chelsea, at least they don’t have to worry about wage bills

You might want to consider Liverpool. Their players play for love. They also don't buy players, so one up on Chelsea.

You might want to consider Liverpool. Their players play for love. They also don't buy players, so one up on Chelsea.
Hmm good point, but they’re not in the top four right now.

After no consideration I’ve decide, I’ll hold off the decision till the end of the season.
Tell you what though, I won’t be supporting Oilchester Sheiky

Think the club have already planned for the wage bill being as high as it was

That bill was from the 19/20 season

As others have said, we got rid of Otamendi, Silva and Bravo who were all big earners plus Sane

And we brought in younger less well known players in Dias, Ake, Torres etc. Who's wages are considerably lower than those that left

Also the majority of the playing squad now minus Raheem, Gundo, Dinho and Jesus have at least 3 years on their current deal

Compare that to the Dippers who have Salah, Mane, Firmino, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Henderson, Keita, Oxlade Chamberlain entering the final 2 years next season

They will either have to give them a pay rise to stay (as for pretty much all it'll be their last big contract) or they will have to sell and bring in a replacement who will probably want more than those that left

Well 350m on wages seems quite huge, as its about to get bigger for 20-21 with new renewals (Pep, KDB etc) and due the sheer amount of bonuses to pay out for a trophy double, treble or even quadruple. :)

of course Kun's salary will drop off and thats a big chunk of any replacement's salary.
Agreed i can also see one or two more as well as kun being moved on to make way for one two incomings.

Think the club have already planned for the wage bill being as high as it was

That bill was from the 19/20 season

As others have said, we got rid of Otamendi, Silva and Bravo who were all big earners plus Sane

And we brought in younger less well known players in Dias, Ake, Torres etc. Who's wages are considerably lower than those that left

Also the majority of the playing squad now minus Raheem, Gundo, Dinho and Jesus have at least 3 years on their current deal

Compare that to the Dippers who have Salah, Mane, Firmino, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Henderson, Keita, Oxlade Chamberlain entering the final 2 years next season

They will either have to give them a pay rise to stay (as for pretty much all it'll be their last big contract) or they will have to sell and bring in a replacement who will probably want more than those that left
Doubt Otomendi, Silva and Bravo had any amortised transfer fees left to cover Therefore, Dias, Ake and Torres have added about 20 m a year to our amortised transfer figures unless others ( Kdb ?) Dropped off those figures (as you Said, none of which would appear in current published accounts).

Doubt Otomendi, Silva and Bravo had any amortised transfer fees left to cover Therefore, Dias, Ake and Torres have added about 20 m a year to our amortised transfer figures unless others ( Kdb ?) Dropped off those figures (as you Said, none of which would appear in current published accounts).
I would say both Kdb and Sterling so a similar amount to the amount added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.