It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Maybe a cup or two'? Fuck me, talk about spoilt.

it’s not spoilt or arrogant we have two years left of possibly the greatest manager we have ever had. We can’t get him a striker. This is the best time to be a city fan. Expect us to at least challenge for a cup or two with Pep at the helm. We just got to a champions league final. Nearly won a treble. I’m guessing our board is thinking the exact same that if Pep doesn’t win anything it’ll be a failure in their eyes for this year.

Last edited:
So from the last few posts we've planned fantastically and replaced De Bruyne 3 to 4 years early and planned terribly not bothering to replace Aguero which we should have done at least a year ago.

Whatever way we all look at it, we're in desperate need of a striker and to put absolutely everything into signing Kane and then not doing so is a 'failure' on the negotiating teams part.
The issue here is that Sergio is harder to replace, no offence to kdb. You look at true replacements for him and its slim pickings

Kane
Mbop
Ledowski
Haaland
Ronaldo

Unavailable, uninterested, old, unproven/insane demands, even older

Can easily see why we don't get a 9 this season

Can people banging on about haaland really think he should get more that double kdb's wages?

I’m not feeling that bad over missing out on Kane and am not suicidal if we go into this season without a recognised top striker as we still have a ludicrously good side. We will again score bucket loads of goals this season and will concede very few with the defence we have, and talk us falling out of the top four is simply a ludicrous over reaction by some on here imho

However Chelsea probably (are as we stand) favourites in my view for the title and having Pep for only two more season it seems a waste not giving a side capable of winning the biggest prizes as it may take us a while to find the right manager and mould the team to that manager to get back to this level after he’s gone.

I wish I didn’t hate Ronaldo as much as I do as on paper he is the obvious answer for us, ok he‘s 36 (which is remarkable that he’s playing at the level he is in itself) but his stats last year were insane (on par with Messi) scoring nearly a goal a game (every 97 mins in the league last year) and his touch, pace and finishing are still top draw. He is the only player one can really compare to Messi in terms of quality and image…but but but I hate the posing, preening turnip with every once of my being.

I hope with what’s left of the window we still get a striker option in as it such a massive hole in our side. Obviously there very few strikers would could fit in our team (which is why we bet everything on Kane), and if it’s Ronaldo honestly he’ll probably score 30 goals and I’ll forget how much I utterly detest him and if not (as i Don’t see him dropping his salary) I’ll support whoever they get. I hope we start looking at haaland seriously now and we start making overtures to Pochettino as I think his contract runs out in 2023 when pep leaves and would be IMO the perfect manager to carry on pep city (accepting no one is pep and we are bound to struggle to keep up the levels he’s set).

Last edited:
I’m not feeling that bad over missing out on Kane and am not suicidal if we go into this season without a recognised top striker as we still have a ludicrously good side. We will again score bucket loads of goals this season and will concede very few with the defence we have, and talk us falling out of the top four is simply a ludicrous over reaction by some on here imho

However Chelsea probably (are as we stand) favourites in my view for the title and having Pep for only two more season it seems a waste not giving a side capable of winning the biggest prizes as it take us a while to find the right manager after he’s gone.

I wish I didn’t hate Ronaldo as much as I do as on paper he is the obvious answer for us, ok he‘s 36 (which is remarkable that he’s playing at the level he is in itself) but his stats last year were insane (on par with Messi) scoring nearly a goal a game (every 94 mins in the league last year) and his touch, pace and finishing are still top draw. He is the only player one can really compare to Messi in terms of quality and image…but but but I hate the posing, preening turnip with every once of my being.

I hope with what’s left of the window we still get a striker option in as it such a massive hole in our side. Obviously there very few strikers would could fit in our team (which is why we bet everything on Kane), and if it’s Ronaldo honestly he’ll probably score 30 goals and I’ll forget how much I utterly detest him and if not (as i Don’t see him dropping his salary) I’ll support whoever they get. I hope we start looking at haaland seriously now and we start making overtures to Pochettino as I think his contract runs out in 2023 wh3n pep leaves and would be IMO the perfect manager to carry on pep city (accepting no one is pep and we are bound to struggle to keep up the levels he’s set).
He's not quick but he's still an excellent finisher, got great touch and a great header. Free transfer or minimal fee plus wages for a money making machine. I don't see a downside apart from the obvious question as to whether other clubs will scramble for him. For example, if Mbappe goes to Real madrid, what happens with PSG and Ronaldo? And then there's you know who. If Utd just let Ronaldo go to City unchallenged I think old Trafford would be in danger of getting burned down by their own fans.

Sometimes it is difficult to grasp the effectiveness, efficiency and drive of our owners. They club has evolved and moved forward at such a pace us fans are left trying to catch a whiff of their activity in the dust. If you look at where we could have been without the investment and CFG, it is hard to get yer head around it. Forget Kane, it is history now but we cannot continue this season without a striker. All our competitors have improved their squad (Chelski and Rags specifically) we set the standards so we must continue to improve it. Peps' propensity to 'improvise' worries me a little. Strikers and Goalies are not converted they are 'au naturel' (Paul Warhurst notwithstanding).

He's not quick but he's still an excellent finisher, got great touch and a great header. Free transfer or minimal fee plus wages for a money making machine. I don't see a downside apart from the obvious question as to whether other clubs will scramble for him. For example, if Mbappe goes to Real madrid, what happens with PSG and Ronaldo? And then there's you know who. If Utd just let Ronaldo go to City unchallenged I think old Trafford would be in danger of getting burned down by their own fans.
Win win for city fans. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.