It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Utd were the bigger draw then why did they not just offer Ronaldo 250,000 a week like our offer was apparently instead of 480,000 a week like they are supposed to be paying him ..... surely the draw and not the cash are the most important.
872k per week…

For all the Rag lurkers, you've just spent over 70 million on a player that will be in need of a zimmer frame after 10 games of the new season. Siuuuuu on that, suckers.

Re Ronaldo...United are a bigger draw for players. For many reasons. So it's not surprising that when players have the choice, many will choose them. It only hurts for a small while every so often.
I totally disagree with this part. Get Messi to choose one of us and you know which club is the bigger draw currently. Ronaldo obviously would prefer the Rags. Grealish infact chose us when I think he could have very well moved there last year.
We do tend to do well without having a marquee signing (Kdb wasn't one when he signed). There should be value in the market just like Dias. Though we have to accept that we are going into the season with no changes except the addition of Grealish. I am hoping that not having Aguero will affect us positively, since Pep will train exclusively for a false 9. An injured Aguero is a bigger issue than no Aguero since we don't have to train/think about another formation with him. I think Torres and Sterling have to have a massive season. Those are the two players who can do better than their last one and combined with Grealish hopefully we can score enough.

If Utd were the bigger draw then why did they not just offer Ronaldo 250,000 a week like our offer was apparently instead of 480,000 a week like they are supposed to be paying him ..... surely the draw and not the cash are the most important.
Rags definitely arnt a bigger draw. It's Ronaldo so obviously it's an different scenario. That said the wages arnt too bad. It's has to be expected that the likes of Ronaldo/Messi will be the highest earners in the league. Cavani is going to be pissed though. Rags will also be looking to replacing a lot of players soon (loads above 30).
I would anyday choose Mbappe over these players but that is not happening either. Funnily enough with Rags tied with Ronaldo for 2 years, don't think they can go for Haaland/Kane.

Re Ronaldo...United are a bigger draw for players. For many reasons. So it's not surprising that when players have the choice, many will choose them. It only hurts for a small while every so often.

The rest of the time we show why we are a better club. Mostly because we aren't as deluded and arrogant.

That said over the past year I've noticed that I can't voice some honest opinions without the height of abuse. We have developed a bit of a cult nearly as bad as Liverpool fans. I don't know why or how it happened. And it's not just the young new fans. There seems to be plenty of older people too that are just dying to tell others how stupid and worthless they are. These days it seems perfectly acceptable to be unnecessarily and excessively rude. I don't remember it being like that years ago. We just disagreed. No probs.

I don't understand all the accusations when none of us know really what goes on. Can't we just assume the best of the people running the club? Generally they are only doing the best job they can do and I for one appreciate their efforts.

I'm looking forward to the window closing and getting back to discussing which players or tactics we think are crap or brilliant because of what we see with our own eyes.

(If you think I'm a piece of shit for voicing my opinions please ignore me. Or just disagree and give your opinion. PLEASE don't be rude to me or anyone else because you don't know how people carry that around afterwards.)

The times when the Rags are a bigger pull are those that have little to do with football but predominantly involve money.That being the case,there are very few,if any......that i wish we would have signed instead.

The very best,those with an ambition to better themselves and not their bank balance,will choose City every time - as Grealish has just proved.

Exactly !!!
If you love the club so much, agree to the same contract that you’d allegedly agreed to at the Etihad.
United have been fucked royally on this deal.

Last edited:
Its not stupid it's backed up.

Sterling was top 5 for missed chances

None of the front three were in the top 10 for assists and Goals. Highest goal scorer Gundogan midfielder, KDB highest assister but had his worst season for how many assists he got. Jesus, Torres, Sterling or Mahrez were not in the top 20 for Goals or assists.

Sterling 10 goals
Mahrez 9 goals
Jesus 9 goals
Torres 7 goals

Harry KaneTottenham23
2Mohamed SalahLiverpool22
3Bruno FernandesMan Utd18
=4Son Heung-minTottenham17
=4Patrick BamfordLeeds United17
6Dominic Calvert-LewinEverton16
7Jamie VardyLeicester15
8Ollie WatkinsAston Villa14
=9Alexandre LacazetteArsenal13
=9Ilkay GundoganMan City13
=11Chris WoodBurnley12
=11Callum WilsonNewcastle12
=11Danny IngsSouthampton12
=11Kelechi IheanachoLeicester12
=15Marcus RashfordMan Utd11
=15Wilfried ZahaCrystal Palace11
=15Matheus PereiraWest Brom11
=15Sadio ManeLiverpool11
=15Gareth BaleTottenham11
=20Pierre-Emerick AubameyangArsenal10
=20Raheem SterlingMan City10
=20Tomas SoucekWest Ham10
=20Michail AntonioWest Ham10
=20Edinson CavaniMan Utd10
=20Christian BentekeCrystal Palace10
=20Anwar El GhaziAston Villa10
=20Nicolas PepeArsenal10

Our Defence won us that title.
But, but, but Raz is worth £100 million. We should never let him go for less!

Look, I like Raheem. He is a very good human being. He's an above average footballer. He hasnt been extremely good for 1.5 years, at least.

Do I wish he was great? Yes. Is he,? Not recently. Msy be an unpopular opinion but I wish we'd never bought him. Why? Without that transfer fee it is my understanding lolpool would have gone into administration.

If Raz was still ripping up trees here (he's not) I'd say keep him. He maybe needs a change of scenery. If he'd agree to it, I'd love a one year loan to a top club on the continent. He can then decide if the grass is greener.

I think this transfer window is affected by the kid who is a agent of harry kane. He convinced city tottenham will sell kane so city did not go after messi. So messi went to PSG. DUe to that Ronaldo went to United. Then Mbappe wants to go madrid. We went for kane so chelsea went for lukaku. Since we want kane aguero went to barca.
The butterfly effect is so so much....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.