It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time in 7 years I feel let down by Mubarak, especially following the vid post last season... now if I feel that way and him being the chairman of a club of this magnitude, I’d hazard a guess that some heads may roll?

Maybe we’re just spoiled, the reality is we still have one of the best squads in Europe, however, something just jumps out that this has been a disappointing summer, and will be felt within the club!
Compounded by the fact we don’t appear to have been working on anything other than Kane, as is seen by the fact that we’ve had a few days since the Mendy news, now got a gap in our squad, yet not even a sniff of interest in a player. We now look like we are only going to register 16 foreigners in our Champs League squad, which is madness.

Torres, Bernardo, Grealish, Jesus, foden, Sterling, Mahrez.

Even without a classical striker that’s some options up top and will swarm all over most defences. If Torres improves as much as I think he will this season then we might just be forgetting this gap in the armoury.

If something happens in January then great, if not so what.

All that without even considering Delap or Edozie amongst others.

It’s not all that bad.

Major leap of faith - we paid out £100 million on Grealish to obtain the new England poster boy and to pair him with Foden for club and country. Knowing we have a deal sewn up for Haaland in January or next summer.

Probable reality - we missed out on turning Kane without paying through the nose and are fairly happy with the front line being selected from the guys above, outside chance of Haaland next year or delap surprising us all and saving us £150 million.

Who cares - it’s better place now than 10 years ago.

We need to stop accusing fans of being ‘spoilt’ etc. We’re not shit anymore, need to stop living in the past we’re an elite level club and we need to start acting like one. Gotta be ruthless in the transfer market and stop pissing around. That work needs to start in January; identify our main targets and have deals ready to wrap up

Was that article before or after the ITK post?
Lol so it was before. By the sounds of it he is basing his ITK knowledge on that snippet. Truly think that will be one of his "wrong ones"

Makes sense that the release clause does kick in as he was signed in January 2020 but what doesn't make sense is why Dortmund wouldn't have been desperate to sell this summer if the release clause actually kicks in 4 months into their season that would be absurdly stupid of them and so out of character in how they operate. I understand them wanting to hold on for an extra year and then let him go for the release clause next summer a year could be worth it with CL football and making top 4. But if he leaves in January? Absurd. Absurdly stupid. And Dortmund arent stupid.

We need to stop accusing fans of being ‘spoilt’ etc. We’re not shit anymore, need to stop living in the past we’re an elite level club and we need to start acting like one. Gotta be ruthless in the transfer market and stop pissing around. That work needs to start in January; identify our main targets and have deals ready to wrap up
With so much Twitter and social media speculation, we are misled as to the club's true targets. For me, ignore it all and enjoy the ride.

He could definitely have been attention seeking but he made it very clear it was Haaland, without naming him.
If anyone truly believes Raiola would allow Haaland's signing to be sorted 5 months in advance with no fuss then they're bonkers in my mind.

Torres, Bernardo, Grealish, Jesus, foden, Sterling, Mahrez.

Even without a classical striker that’s some options up top and will swarm all over most defences. If Torres improves as much as I think he will this season then we might just be forgetting this gap in the armoury.

If something happens in January then great, if not so what.

All that without even considering Delap or Edozie amongst others.

It’s not all that bad.

Major leap of faith - we paid out £100 million on Grealish to obtain the new England poster boy and to pair him with Foden for club and country. Knowing we have a deal sewn up for Haaland in January or next summer.

Probable reality - we missed out on turning Kane without paying through the nose and are fairly happy with the front line being selected from the guys above, outside chance of Haaland next year or delap surprising us all and saving us £150 million.

Who cares - it’s better place now than 10 years ago.
Find it hard to believe we have tied Haaland up already for next season when barely a week ago we were still chasing Kane. Appreciate the info but personally can’t see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.