It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what we know, based on reliable sources, at different points we made moves in the direction of signing Haaland, Kane and Vlahovic. For different reasons, couldn’t get any of them done. It was never Kane or bust and we weren’t that precious about a name either. We wanted a striker and failed.
Which reliable sources, not come across many of them for quite a few years now.

Which reliable sources, not come across many of them for quite a few years now.
Okay. I’m not playing this game. I know how to interpret media and sources myself, and if people want to do the same and come to different conclusions, they’re allowed to do it. I can only speak for myself

Fernandinho shouldn't have been given another contract. As amazing as he has been the club went the sentimental route. He's really starting to show his age and slow down.

Gundogan isn't good as a DM. That leaves Rodri and if he's injured...

We needed an energetic and faster paced DM.

Mendy isn't good enough.

I agree that we should be anticipating weaknesses rather reacting. For all the money spent we're weak at Striker, DM and LB.
I partly agree with Fernandinho. Yesterday was terrible but hopefully just a one off.

Well Pep has played Gundo there before and we had success so Pep definitely trusts him.

Whilst I think a lot of people want an "energetic midfield". Pep has never looked at doing things that way. His Barca and Bayern midfields were slow as fuck. Our midfield is the same.

Doesn't matter if Mendy is good enough or not, we can't sell him and now he's in court our hands are tied till it's resolved. We simply couldn't have financed a LB as we were.

I partly agree with Fernandinho. Yesterday was terrible but hopefully just a one off.

Well Pep has played Gundo there before and we had success so Pep definitely trusts him.

Whilst I think a lot of people want an "energetic midfield". Pep has never looked at doing things that way. His Barca and Bayern midfields were slow as fuck. Our midfield is the same.

Doesn't matter if Mendy is good enough or not, we can't sell him and now he's in court our hands are tied till it's resolved. We simply couldn't have financed a LB as we were.
I was hoping his performance in the spurs game was a one off

We had £100m+ we didn't spend on Kane. Could buy any LB in the world + Bissouma or Camavinga for that.

We had £100m+ we didn't spend on Kane. Could buy any LB in the world + Bissouma or Camavinga for that.
That money is marked for a striker, so if thats Haaland or Vlahovic or whatever.

Yeah we could have done but we haven't bought a LB since Mendy. Pep clearly doesn't see it as an issue, rightly or wrongly he just isn't interested. We played Delph there ffs.

I think Bissouma is decent but as I said, Pep has made no intention of signing someone like him. I also think we have thrown our efforts into Lavia.

Could we? I presume at some point we will still buy a striker and the £100 mill is earmarked for that, or the £20 mill or so per year amortised figure. If so it isn’t available to spend twice.
I don’t know our books well enough after covid losses to know our budget over the next couple of years for a Fernandinho replacement or a left back but not buying Kane doesn’t suddenly mean its free money lying about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.